• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MY06 Spec C Type RA

CTR

Ain't nothin' but a peanut
Well, here's the replacement. Had it delivered this time, wasn't going to take any chances!:lol:

Arrived at 10 o'clock this morning, just as I was finishing breakfast.:mrgreen:

Having just spent the day in it I can honestly say that this thing is simply amazing. It is a basically thinly disguised GrpN car and you can feel it. The driving experience is something else. It's loud, the diffs make whining noises at low speeds and when making tight turns, uncomfy on the wrong surface (but surprisingly well damped on others). In short, raw.

Gearing is different to the UK spec cars but thanks to the uprated internals it happily sits at higher revs with no problem. Like a K20, it loves to be revved, and will happily rev into the high 7's smoothly without feeling strained at all which I find kind of unusual for a turbo'd motor but just it adds to the enjoyment.

It can be very civilised when you want it to be but put your right boot down and it just produces boost from nowhere and carries on all the way to redline. It is just simply manic.

Already had a few things fitted, some Defi gauges, a larger turbo inlet pipe, a straight through intake elbow that removes the resonator box in the wing and a Xenon headlamp upgrade.

Other mods to be fitted soon.;)

dscn0352mediumul9.jpg

dscn0355mediumwr3.jpg

frontplateblankmediumxe9.jpg

rearplateblank2mediumwt1.jpg

rearplateblankmediumjt4.jpg

dscn0353mediumzd5.jpg

frontonblankmediumeg8.jpg

dscn0370mediumyo1.jpg

dscn0366mediumef4.jpg

dscn0375mediumwb2.jpg

dscn0367mediumja1.jpg

dscn0374mediumym9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks absolutely mint mate, you must be well chuffed.

I used to has a Type R version 5 a few years ago, and that was a beast to drive, but that thing must bo on another level:cool:

Liam... that is frikkin' awesome and I am very jealous. :D Enjoy and drive safe fella. See you at the next organised South Wales Drive... :wink: :lol:

looking lovely no excuses for failing to attend the next meet :p

(but you'll have to go at the front or the rear as you're a non-Honda) :p

Thanks for the comments guys (and gals;) ).

Will be at the next SW meet for sure. Traction out of bends is unbelievable. You can feel the centre diff doing its thing by shunting power forward mid way through then as you start to exit and straighten up it subtly transfers it to the rear and it just launches out. It takes your breath away, and I not trying to be dramatic here, but it does. No other way to describe it.

I am in complete awe of it, and the way it guzzles petrol too.:eek: :lol:

I am actually genuinely very jealous, its not often I am when browsing the forums, but you car is simply awesome :cool:

I may even have to venture up to a SW meet just to see it in action - Congrats on a great car :D

Absolutely brilliant CTR.. so pleased for you. I trust this has put the smile on your face. Driving is gonna take a whole new experience for you. Well done. 8)

get slowly used to the car! im pestering my dad to get this car as he already has an sti but the spec c is comething else! it truly is stunning!

Thanks for the comments guys (and gals;) ).

Will be at the next SW meet for sure. Traction out of bends is unbelievable. You can feel the centre diff doing its thing by shunting power forward mid way through then as you start to exit and straighten up it subtly transfers it to the rear and it just launches out. It takes your breath away, and I not trying to be dramatic here, but it does. No other way to describe it.

I am in complete awe of it, and the way it guzzles petrol too.:eek: :lol:

nice one I'll mark out all the fuel stops for you :lol: at least the fuel stops will slow you down and give us time to catch up lol

I am actually genuinely very jealous, its not often I am when browsing the forums, but you car is simply awesome :cool:

I may even have to venture up to a SW meet just to see it in action - Congrats on a great car :D

Thanks mate. It is something else I must say, and I hope I'm not sounding arrogent when I say it, because that is something I am not. But that is just the plain truth of this car. It has a lot of road presence and people have genuinely pointed out to it today as I have gone past. A few chavs in their in Saxos and Corsas have had to pick their jaws up off the dash!:lol:

Absolutely brilliant CTR.. so pleased for you. I trust this has put the smile on your face. Driving is gonna take a whole new experience for you. Well done. 8)

:smt023

get slowly used to the car! im pestering my dad to get this car as he already has an sti but the spec c is comething else! it truly is stunning!

Tell your father that he missing out on a completely different driving experience altogether. And he if he can get an Type RA version of the Spec C, well....;)

I'm taking my time this time round! Self restraint is a must with something like this as it is just simply ferocious when on full boost.

You absolute fu*ker.... I want one of those :lol:

Now that's a Subaru! None of this WRX *****!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Cheers Paul!

Should've waited for the hatchback version, (ahem) :p
Quite like the hatchback TBH. I am probably the only person on SNet who actually likes the look of the new Impreza.

glad to see pics of it outside your house this time....;) :cool:

will drive past in the week to have a nose.....:cool:

Back