• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MY06 Spec C Type RA

Well if CTR comes to the Wales Run I'm sure Sharkyuk will get loads and loads of pictures for you all... there are some lovely hairpins on the route and I'm going to try and arrange for someone to be at the top to take some pictures of everyone climbing up.. plus Sharkyuk will be taking pictures out of the window as we are going along so fingers crossed we should get some good shots, that will hopefully keep you going until you do a track day :)

Ye, I know, I should be in it with him :wink: :D

Love the AP's mate, they are on my never ending list of things to buy lol

- Kevin.
Used them in anger for the first time the other night. Huge levels of retardation. Even had the tyres chirping under the effort. Get a set, you will not be disappointed. Cost a silly amount but it is money well spent IMO.

Decided on changing the standard TMIC to an FMIC now. Went out for a sustained blast the other night and could feel the car beginning to back off due to excessive charge temps. Was going to go with a larger TMIC originally but the location of IC is the most limiting factor. Currently looking at few options from different manufacturers,

do you have a spray on your thing?

or can you use water/methanol injection, like us on the rotrex civic to keep the temp down ?

do you have a spray on your thing?

or can you use water/methanol injection, like us on the rotrex civic to keep the temp down ?
Yes I have IC spray, accompanied by a 12ltr water tank in the boot. It's the whole position of the TMIC. Sits right on top of the turbo and inside the engine bay, and as such is never going to be fully effective, no matter how efficient it happens to be. Feeling the back off power wise the other night really bugged the sh1t out of me, so I've had it now.

Yeah I know the feeling too. having mine TM (seats ON the engine... oh wait, there is some foam, then an aluminium bracket, about an inch and finally the IC) makes it not too effective at low speed.

When tuning the car you can see the differences of behaviour depending on IAT. Something I am looking at too actually. I'll be interested to know you'll end up doing.

Hey Liam.
I am thinking about fitting the Anti lift kit to the wifes STI. Along with a decent fast road set up. We are also getting a slight knock from the rear suspension arms (not sure exactly where) but think that is a common issue with older (ver7) cars.

How are you getting on with the kit?

Oh and i had a nice chat with Ian on Wednesday, and am going to grab the FD off him to do a we feature on :cool: . Looking forward to trying it out. Only thing is I am betting I will want one after :).

Oh and out of interest, unlike my AEM fitted CTR, the Scooby will drive through at least 3 streaches of between 50 and 100 yards of water, that reatches to the headlights. And at one point the bow wave from an oncoming Lorry forced the water into the intercooler scoop....

The kit has really helped. Turn in is now a lot smoother and progressive. Money well spent IMO. You don't think it's better, you can feel it's better.

Your knocking chock is a common fault and will need new shocks fitted. Some peoples on SNet have failed with cars having just 200 miles on the clock. I get all sorts of knocking in my car, from all over the place, but then again it is to be expected!

I will have to fit an open cone filter in order to have an FMIC fitted, not something I am thrilled about as I am not a fan of them but it is a compromise for lower charge temps. I will situate it in the wing and give a direct air feed by fitting a fog lamp cover.

Hmmm, I have to say I am seriously thinking of going back to the OEM box on mine with a replecement (K&N) filter element on the CTR. Partly due to all this sh!tty weather. If I had gone out in the CTR today I would not have made it home with the AEM.

As far as the Scooby goes I will more than likely replace the filter element on that too, and not swap for a cone. Though the ARC system is supposed to work well.

Saving for a ECUtek, Downpipe, uprated fuel pump for the STI too. Bout time it had a little more oomph. Just need to sort those few chassis bits first. The Anti lift kit, Knocking and Adjustable ARBs.

Hmmm, I have to say I am seriously thinking of going back to the OEM box on mine with a replecement (K&N) filter element on the CTR. Partly due to all this sh!tty weather. If I had gone out in the CTR today I would not have made it home with the AEM.

As far as the Scooby goes I will more than likely replace the filter element on that too, and not swap for a cone. Though the ARC system is supposed to work well.

Saving for a ECUtek, Downpipe, uprated fuel pump for the STI too. Bout time it had a little more oomph. Just need to sort those few chassis bits first. The Anti lift kit, Knocking and Adjustable ARBs.
The ARC airbox is supposed to be good but is also very pricey. The standard airbox can flow for enough for over 400bhp so just fitting an uprated filter panel will be more than enough. It will be the ECUTEK and the downpipe that will really see you gains.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ARC airbox is supposed to be good but is also very pricey. The standard airbox can flow for enough for over 400bhp so just fitting an uprated filter panel will be more than enough. It will be the ECUTEK and the downpipe that will really see you gains.

Well decision made, we are only aiming for around 320/330 ish, but enhanced drivability and a slightly wider powerband.

So pannel filter, prob K&N it is then.

Back