• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's gone Supercharged........

It's had quite a few guises over the years... I'll try and dig out a few pics. Definitely go for colour coding and not black. It ruins the lines of the car imo. Keep some chrome as well, it's classy!

Suspension wise was running meister r's. Very good suspension for the money.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

What drop was it on the pic? It looks just right on that height

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

So had my replacement LED bulbs come from MrJP who I normally get them from when replacing.

Went for all interior lights inc glovebox, map reading lights, centre light, footwells and boot.

Exterior I went for LED side lights and number plate lights, then the silver indicator bulbs to get rid of the egg effect and also white fog light bulbs as well.

So far I have fitted all except the number plate bulbs and fog lights, I have to say for just a small modification it makes a huge difference and makes it more up to date IMO.

So for some pics of before and after...

Side lights before:

IMAG1772_zpsm5z9xxdo.jpg
IMAG1771_zpswgpsdm5p.jpg

Side lights after:

IMAG1793_zpslmsqgzux.jpg
IMAG1791_zpsj9wuhdlj.jpg

Overall shot when it was dark.

IMAG1799_zps8wkertmi.jpg

Indicators before with the fried egg effect:

IMAG1767_zpsg3e9dndy.jpg
IMAG1768_zpsmpp38umq.jpg

After with the silver ones fitted:

IMAG1794_zpsk1xjdmbm.jpg
IMAG1795_zpsl1cebtpo.jpg

Pic of it fitted in the holder, makes the best difference. I never got why manufacturers made the lenses clear then put a orange bulb in:

IMAG1789_zpsjjxklwye.jpg

Interior bulbs now....

Boot before:

IMAG1756_zpssqmdlslz.jpg

Boot after:

IMAG1760_zpsyl9l5nyi.jpg

Centre light before Inc a pic of it inside:

IMAG1773_zpseaf5rkd0.jpg

IMAG1750_zpsnx6uqthn.jpg

After

With centre light only:

IMAG1754_zpsv1mn0gji.jpg

With all 3 lit:

IMAG1775_zpsmdcd9vtz.jpg

Glovebox before:

IMAG1778_zpsepholyyr.jpg
IMAG1779_zpsycouodfa.jpg

After:

IMAG1780_zpszn6wjrby.jpg
IMAG1781_zpssuilefgp.jpg

Footwell before:

IMAG1764_zpslzkrnm6y.jpg

IMAG1763_zpsmptqwdhy.jpg
IMAG1761_zpsr2ountdo.jpg

After:

IMAG1766_zpsqm8hhjca.jpg

IMAG1786_zpstlcc02mo.jpg
IMAG1787_zpslm2hrm3b.jpg

Fogs and number plate to come once I have changed them.

All bulbs came to £48 but makes such a difference :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Number plate lights have now been changed. Still need to do the fog lights but have to remove the arch liner to get to the them, so will wait a bit to mess with those.

Before

IMAG1801_zpsoskhlgya.jpg
IMAG1800_zpsgebx402h.jpg

After:

IMAG1803_zpsmyqrtwa5.jpg
IMAG1802_zpsfojdmnlw.jpg

And one in the dark:

IMAG1805_zpsb7eqtarl.jpg

Added a bit of engine bay humour, seems to give the car character lol and gave it a clean, few changes to be done under here ;)

IMAG1814_zpsdtoqabst.jpg

I had been looking into getting the smaller supercharger pulley this month, however unfortunately it was MOT time and thought everything was all okay as the only advisory on the last was a tyre low, which I have sorted but unfortunately the exhaust failed on emissions due to a badly coroded rear box.

So the excuse to get a new exhaust already was too good to miss out on ;)

So ordered this today :)

$_35.JPG

Still got the plans for the smaller pulley but can't get it in until February.

Its arrived :twisted:

IMAG1820_zpsje5ugixi.jpg

Couldn't wait so had to get it out the box to have a look at it :lol: and I don't think I would get it in still in the box anyway haha

IMAG1825_zpsdyhxxash.jpg

Close up of the tailpipes...

IMAG1823_zpstba6vkeu.jpg

All ready to be fitted, which is being done on Thursday and MOT re-test too.

IMAG1826_zpscd0rpadm.jpg

Then booked in at Lohen for these to be fitted in February :twisted::twisted::twisted:

lohen-pulley-offer-alta9_zps1lehbr29.jpg

Picture shows 15% reduced pulley, but actually going for the 17% with a view to getting a Airtec intercooler, modify the OEM air box and then remapped.

Nice that looks sweet bet it sounds nice too what power are you looking to make from this car?
My gf drives a cooper sd its a great car

I didn't think remaps were worth the cost on these due to a very small gain?
A few seem to be getting good results with them and a local place do them as well, at least I will know everything is running correctly too, especially changing the pulley.

Booked in for the smaller pulley on 5th Feb at Lohen.

Exhaust is all fitted and sounds great, some popping & banging too :)

Will get some pics tomorrow but it needs adjusting as its not quite in the centre, so going back for them to sort tomorrow :)

Been to the place that fitted my exhaust today as it didn't seem to be centred in the cut out, so they have managed to do it so it is, so thought I would get some snaps while it was clean, gave it a once over before I went to get it sorted :)

IMAG1830_zpsr5vdu5mi.jpg

IMAG1828_zpsqzf65alr.jpg

IMAG1833_zpsvfkrlcpb.jpg

It sounds awesome and 10 times better than the standard exhaust, went for the non resonated too.

Not really put the stereo on yet haha

So getting the Milltek has kind of pushed me to do other stuff now while I have been on my days off, so got on the phone to the local Mini dealership and priced up the Aero grills, which were the same price as Mini Direct on eBay. Once they said they could get them the same day after 4:30 I ordered them, along with the JCW gear knob too
Didn't realise the lower part was as much of a faf as it is to fit it, the top section is already fitted as I never fitted back the original grill on properly, so just finished putting the fasteners back on and done.

Due to the Aero grill being part of the kit for the Aero bumper, it doesn't fit the standard S bumper without modifying it first, so had to trim off excess plastic with the dremmel to fit.

Also got the bits to do the airbox modification as well, swapping for a cone filter as apposed to a panel filter.

Dropped my wheels off as well to be powder coated so the centre caps are ready to go on as well :)

IMAG1834_zpsc4ubteaf.jpg

IMAG1835_zpsk4wfvbrq.jpg

IMAG1836_zpsxeqfhxbw.jpg

Gearknob done

IMAG1839_zpsiih2b46p.jpg

Can't beat the feel of a good knob
Blacked out the chrome S grills on the side wings, did them a bit ago with Plasti Dip but came off, so tried some stuff from Halfords and it seems better, used it on the petrol cap as well and it seems to last.

IMAG1843_zpsrmpc3n7h.jpg

Modified the original air box to go from a panel filter to a K&N cone filter, many have done it and it's easy enough to do.

IMAG1854_zpstgvv63nt.jpg

Only way you can tell is where I have riveted the connector for the filter on.

IMAG1851_zpsfotbnrhy.jpg

Inside the box, also put some draft seal stuff in between the plate so should all be sealed.

There is another part to the mod where they put a larger hole in the box on the secondary feed of cold air coming from the cowl panel but may try that at a later date...

IMAG1852_zpsyumqc8hd.jpg

Got the grill fitted but not got any daylight pics so will get some soon, not a bad days work :)

So all fitted back ready for the work shift to start again tomorrow :( and although I cleaned it on Tuesday I gave it another and took the opportunity to take some pics :)

IMAG1857_zpspimefwzd.jpg

IMAG1858_zpsxrqwe1dy.jpg

IMAG1860_zpsqm9qlejk.jpg

And front end as it stands with the new grill fitted. Think I am definitely going to remove the stripes but I will wait until weather gets better so I can polish it all up.

IMAG1861_zpsfpmloc5m.jpg

Got the TypeR out the garage and gave that a clean too, the downside of having 2 cars lol

IMAG1856_zpskvsu2caw.jpg

Looking forward to getting the wheels back next week hopefully and my trip to Lohen on Friday :)

Picked my refurbed wheels today but not had chance to fit them :(

Away in London for a couple of days now and I have my visit to Lohen on Friday morning, so will try Friday afternoon :)

IMAG1881_zpsalcbtj9g.jpg

IMAG1882_zpsfj0r1eyf.jpg

So I have been busy with de-chroming and blacking some stuff out.

Started with the mirrors as they were peppered with stone chips, so I used Halfords equivalent to plastidip, as I have already used it on the S vents to the side and petrol cap.

However it did not work, and clips were already broken and what appeared to be plastic welded on so I ordered some replacements from ebay. They came primed already so sprayed them mat black.

I also ordered some replacement side repeaters as well, they were starting to go funny around the edging and was commented being white on my visit to Lohen, so ordered some smoked ones to go with the look.

I was going to spray the headlight surrounds but couldn't get them off so decided to get the covers and also got them for the handles. I ended up getting gloss black for these but as the wheels are anyway it will go with them.

Before & After pics:-

IMAG1900_zps1pojzrsx.jpg

IMAG1902_zpseds9pmuc_edit_1455389739159_zpsb6vvvxix.jpg

IMAG1908_zps6f9xjy9j.jpg

IMAG1909_zpss1nx7uhn.jpg

IMAG1896_zpswevkalrg.jpg

IMAG1907_zps0msr911c.jpg

Overall side shot, still awaiting for the headlight surrounds.

IMAG1913_zpsuh0sta5l.jpg

Looks smart. Just needs to sit a little lower.
Yeah it looks higher with the wheels on even though the same size wheels and tyres.

Coilovers and brakes are next haha

Final bit done, well sort of as I need to redo the belt line as its coming off :(

Before

IMAG1920_zpsxbexmnh8.jpg

After

IMAG1923_zpskddrce2f.jpg

Back