• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Need help with blowers

Dont know if I am in the wright place but I was in the car yesterday all day and my blowers where working fine. But all off a sudden they are now not working. :mad: :mad:

It does not matter what you have them set at or anything, they just dont work.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

mr_sport

aryt mate i have the same problem and i took it to honda and they told me it was my rheostat its about £100 to get fixed

steve

I had this in the cold snap at chirstmas, it done my nut in! i had the full heating system stripped out and tested, but eventually narrowed it down the the veriable resistor which is behind the glove box then behind the ecu. just went to the scrappies and got one off a requalr civic and its been fine ever since. ill have a look and see if i can find my thread on it cause if remember correctly i got a few good responses which helped me

i had simular problem, mine was a resistor in the blower unit under the glove box, can also be the unit behind the dash where the three dials are.

Thanks for the quick replys guys. Thganks as well scobie140 for the links. will look at that when i get a chance.

This may be a stupid question but how do you know if it is that.

Thanks again

mr_sport

just remove it and test it with a multimeter on the resistance setting. I cant remember off the top of my head what ports you test but a quick google should throw it up if it isn't in one of my links

I got resister from Honda (£80) :mad:. Could not find it at first and was giving up after striping half the dash out to find that there was a plug behind the dash on the floor unpluged and that is why it was not working. :getcoat:.

Thnka for all the help guys. Feel a tad stupid. Also I did take the part back and got my money back :lol:

Thanks.

mr_sport

Back