• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New 2017 Honda Civic Type R is taking shape

Its a type R so it will be a 4 seater,
I'd be surprised if those 20s make it on the car & he's getting all excited over the carbon, from what I read its carbon effect.
It is growing on me but I reckon it will look worse come production, the dark colour, blacked out windows is whats making it look aggressive, the video of the standard 10g that's shows them driving in Swindon to be shipped looked gopping in normal colours

I prefer it to the fk, the a55 isn't quite as massive. Shame they didn't hide the rear doors as well though. Not sold on the three exhausts either.

Is it possible I rode past one of these on Euston Road today? I am pretty sure it was the new 2017 shape. Maybe it was an FK2 though I don't know for sure. It looked fcuking mental anyway, I stopped filtering traffic to sit and look at it for a while. Charcoal metallic grey kind of colour. Two lads in it.

The only ones I've heard of in the UK have been in that camo wrap.

Google Image search for, "Polished metal metallic FK2," as that's likely what you saw.

Coupe. It was premiered last night or the night before in LA. We're not getting that according to Honda.

So Auto Express (UK) getting it wrong/misleading, again. Or at the least getting UK buyers excited till they realise.

At the moment I'm not looking at the 10G as my next but that coupe would make me look again.

I don't get peoples like for this yet hate for the FK2, they're near identical & near same performance
The honeycomb trim is ott & the exhausts are odd, either stuck with the quads or 2 larger exits, I will have to see one in the flesh before making a move but at the moment I don't see this being any different to the FK2

Welcome to the internet and forums in general dweezle :lol:

It will be loved when released. I'd be quite interested to take a look. Although it looks very much like a cross between the fk2 and the latest wrx Sti.

FD2R

Seriously though - what's the story with this rapid release schedule? What's it about? I mean, surely the business case makes NO sense? Unless this changes the buyer market for the Type R. I know there was criticism of the FK2 being too rich for real Honda buyers... But I can't see this one being cheaper?

In terms of R&D this must be a financial disaster for them.

I just don't get it? Unless the FK2 sold so badly that they think this will make up losses. Seems a huge stretch...

When I spoke to a dealer, he told me nobody is really buying the FK2 and it wasn't helping with the stupid repayments.
People were waiting for used ones.

Blatantly just for the American market, 1st type R for them & soon as the type R went turbo it opened up for America.
I found it odd & frustrating that another was being released so soon but as soon as the prototype was unveiled it screamed American & that's all this type R is about, nothing to do with releasing another game changer.
Financially it will sell like hot cakes in America hence why they're getting it 1st

Seen out and about

bca13adc091bfd0ef285c13a0e9fba36.jpg

cc80bbc70bbe5dba19c42d014f1bf6fb.jpg

Prefer the round petrol cap & hidden rear door handles, not quite sure what Honda were thinking with this one

Back