• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New car as the S2000 went for mortgage deposit...Alfa 147 GTA

Love Alfa GTA's. Need some engine shots up if its got the polished manifold, looks incredible.

Just noticed in your sig you had a E46 M3 at one point too. Can I ask what you thought to that? It's near the top of my list of cars im thinking of replacing the CTR with in the future.

It was a great car tbh, heavy on fuel though and the gearbox isn't the best (I had a manual as they are more reliable)
Top speed was mad though, I saw 180mph! I've never been a fan of the exhaust note but inside the car sounds nice.

Not done much to this really, fitted a new battery and a iPod adapter.

Plugs into the cd changer connection on the standard head unit so great quality.

I like it loads. The style inside alfas is the best. Like they said on Top gear Alfa is the $h1test but the best!

I went to Donnington park to watch the btcc at the weekend, loving LPG for £19 I got over 150 miles plus 40mins idling as I qued to get out of the place. I averaged 25mpg doing silly speeds there which seems good.
LPG was half the cost of the cheapest petrol so that's like me getting 50mpg!

Winner!

Done a few bits over the last few days, replaced wipers, rear gta badge and front alfa badge etc

Just sourced the big front brake upgrade, 330mm x 32mm Radial mounted 4 pot brembos :)

It already has 4 pot brembos but they are 305mm x 28mm brembos but they are know to warp, as mine have

Lovely car, I thought about one of these once but I wouldn't have been able to afford the running costs at the time, it's rare too especially where I live I've only ever seen 1 in the flesh.

OLE@BRISTOL said:
Hi there,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/03-53-ALF...8291585?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f30994881

I'm interesting in buying this car. Could you tell me something about this Alfa, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ole
i can't reply to you on pm for some reason, so I have done here!

it was pretty clean nice car tbh, found out afterwards selling it that it was a Cat C. All drove fine though, it had the dreaded Ecu failure when I bought it off him but I fixed the Ecu.
Nice little car, but not worth what he wants for it. I bought it for £3500

Thanks chaps, never been a alfa man but really surprised how well this goes. Faster than the S2000 in a straight line and grips very well, suspension is **** though. It will be getting coilovers :)
Just thought I'd add, I had a little play against my mates standard S2000 and they where exactly the same from 30-145mph.
Well surprised! I guess all that torque can be misleading

I thought that posting this would make for interesting reading...

2014-02-13 15:38:47 out Hi there, can I have mot test number from AR147 GTA please? Also, could you please tell me a little bit about service history? What is the reason for sale?
2014-02-13 18:12:32 in 118126993479. All the advisories have been remedied including 4 New matching tyres
2014-02-13 18:12:33 in I'll get you the mot number now. Service history is almost complete but missing 06 and 08 if I remember correctly. Just had a chat with the previous owner this afternoon as it happens. Turns out the car has a q2 limited slip diff fitted, had a new clutch in 2011 and had its cambelt changed at 48k with genuine Alfa belts, pulley kit and water pump. Selling due to being in a position to be able to afford a (used) maserati 4200
2014-02-13 18:56:08 out What's your best price?
2014-02-13 19:04:23 in What's your best offer?
2014-02-13 19:06:27 out Please can you tell me what type of accident the car was involved in and what damage was done?
2014-02-13 19:08:21 in According to the conversation I had today with the previous owner, it was front passenger corner. New wing and bumper required plus headlight and oil cooler. No structural damage
2014-02-13 19:46:56 out I have it on good authority that the car is worth about £3000 and this is what I would like you to offer you.
2014-02-13 19:49:38 in I wish you good luck in your ongoing search

? Am I reading that correctly? That I supposedly spoke to him today?!
i did no such thing, I tried to contact him as the car he part ex'd with me blew up after a week! Couldn't get any response from him.

Glad you've dodged it, it was a nice car tbh but lying sellers makes the car not worth the risk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank for your help , it was very useful :) If the seller was to drop his price then I would still be interested. Can just as one more thing, did the LPG side of the car perform well and how was the MPG?

Back