• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 New Civic Type R chat

I think folks should stop dwelling on the power figure, that will not be the new CTR's main improvement...think chassis 8)

Not saying it will not have a slight improvement. ;)

Oh I will say that Honda is more than capable of extracting at least 225 bhp (say) from the K20 series engine....

G said:
I think folks should stop dwelling on the power figure, that will not be the new CTR's main improvement...think chassis 8)

Not saying it will not have a slight improvement. ;)

Oh I will say that Honda is more than capable of extracting at least 225 bhp (say) from the K20 series engine....

I think you've hit the nail on the head. The Astra VXR is a good example of this. Give it huge power, but give it a chassis that cant take it :roll:

Hopefully Honda will sharpen the chassis and kick ass against its rivals even with a power defecit of 20bhp :wink:

Just remember that the 2006 RSX Type S has the latest K Series which is now pushing 210BHP in standard untuned form. :wink:

Engine code for that is: K20Z1

It is the same principal setup to the K20A* but has a much more aggressive cam setup and different ECU tune. A K20Z1 style engine with a more aggressive setup could easily hit 230BHP.

Scousefella said:
What is the Honda designation for this new Civic?

EG to EK to EP to ** :D

HASNIC said:
Not sure if this has been posted yet but i went for a drive in both the diesel and petrol new civic today and i had a gander at the model type:

FK3 for the Diesel
FK2 for the Petrol

BTW the Diesel is far far better than the petrol IMO, really good car, and bodes very very well for the new CTR.

They are the designations for the current 5 door Civic mate, so doesn't really give my of an indication if it will follow a E?? pattern or not.

typer.jpg

Anyone seen this before?

Looks like the new Astra VXR to me :(

Funky said:
typer.jpg

Anyone seen this before?

Looks like the new Astra VXR to me :(

That is a bad effort at a VXR/new civic photochop, they didn't even change the wheels from the vauxhall :lol: :lol:

ahpcr.jpg

MilanoChris said:
18446oq.jpg

Found this pic while haveing a nose. Anything to do with the 3 door - or is it just Honda wetting our appetite?
im sure thats the car featured in the new black eye peas video in the background the dark grey vehicle looks nice.
If thats the car that is released over here i may well be tempted to trade in and purchase that.

BUTTON AND THE BOSS UNVEIL CIVIC TYPE R CONCEPT AT GENEVA

President and CEO of Honda Motor Co. Ltd, Takeo Fukui, will address the media at the 76th Geneva Motor Show on 28 February.

CEO Fukui will join Honda Racing F1 driver Jenson Button to unveil the Civic Type R Concept. Jenson will be making a brief "pit stop" from his busy pre-season testing schedule to help launch the exciting concept model to the press.

The Civic Type R Concept makes its worldwide debut at the show. The concept model strongly hints at what the production car will look like when it goes on sale in 2007.

Honda’s press conference is scheduled for 13:45 – 14:00, on 28 February 2006, at the Honda stand (No. 4250), in Hall 4 of the GENEVA PALEXPO site.

8 days to go then 8)

Back