• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New DC5, track time

So I after wanting a DC5 for a good few years now, my insurance will finally allow me to have one. Ive had an EP3 and a few EK shaped Civics before and always wanted to get these onto a track but never got the opportunity. Now i'm in the 5, its going to happen this year.

I bought this a few weeks ago, I was originally looking for a completely original one but saw this one pop up for sale with roughly the right spec I wanted so after making sure it was as clean as the owner said, money was transferred and it was mine. Props to the original owners, the car has had no expense shared what so ever!

DSC_0263_zpsko3y9bti.jpg

Quick run down of the spec

2001 Champ White (can't you tell)
95k miles
Imported in 2007 by 200bhp cars

Toda style manifold and decat
Fujitsubo RM01a cat back
70mm TB
RBC ported inlet
Mugen airbox
K100 mapped by TDI north, 252bhp
Engine dress up, carbon dipped rocker with carbon spark plug cover

Ohlins coilovers and uprated bushes
Camber arms and bolts, FRSU by TGM
Work CE11 wrapped in Potenza's
Front H brace

Will add more to the spec as I go along
DSC_0264_zpsfjqfa1mi.jpg

DSC_0261_zpsgw36wvl2.jpg

Plan is to hit one or two track days this year to get an understanding of the car with next year i'm planning to do one every month.

I took the Fujitsubo off and fitted the Tanabe cat back, with the Mugen airbox being so quiet I wanted some noise from this exhaust so was a nice change, although I think it may by right on the limit for track use, we'll see. This allowed me to fit a rear H brace as before I would have caught the backbox. Also swapped the sidelights from bright white to orange
IMG_20150614_171924_zpsenbfp1rn.jpg

DSC_0304_zps7et9a3vq.jpg

DSC_0295_zpsewelv877.jpg

DSC_0298_zpsxwzmoyfv.jpg

DSC_0282_zps2bzrp91k.jpg

DSC_0283_zpsrutujkfl.jpg

Hope the pics all work as I can't see them on the work computer. Will keep updating as I go along! see you at some shows

I wanted a DC5 after I had a DC2 but now I have just bought an FN2 as I got more for my money. All theonesi kept looking at were too high mileage. Does look really good though

Absolutely love DC5's, like to see a pic of the engine bay if you could, not seen a carbon dipped rocker yet.

Here's the rocker

Also whipped the wheels off my Prelude BB6 to try. The Potenzas on the Work wheels have maybe one track life left in them so I'm saving those, tyres on these are much cheaper and I have 4 new ones spare so will be using these daily. 17x8 fronts and 9 on the back

I wasn't sure at first, I really wanted an original red rocker but its growing on me! really good job done as well, I need to find out who done it. I may buy a spare for best of both worlds haha

Just found some pictures of my old EP3 I thought I'd stick up. The whole reason I wanted a teg was because of this car

Donnington has been booked, 26th October better roll around quickly!

Some prep work to do, two new Bridgestones for the front, shaft rebuilds and remove the a/c system.

It wasn't a 30th unfortunately, I just added the jdm interior.

The Teg had its one and only dent popped out last night, was a minor pin hole in the rear 1/4 but its now non-existent! Handy having a friend working for Axi-dent haha.

It is well looked after for sure, front end could do with a blow over due to age related marks and the seats are showing age, but that's just an excuse for some fixed buckets.

Anyone used helicopter tape before? I'm thinking once the front end has been blown over (and sideskirts), i'm looking at using this on the lip and around the arches to prevent the paint wearing from stone chips

Back