• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Sorry if it’s been covered but any one else have rust/discoloured wheel nuts? Took mine to dealer who said I had to book it in so I did for a wait appointment a hour and a quarter later told not warranted as not a mechanical issue but they will speak to customer relations about it. Told I could upgrade to black for over £100 then Same again for locking nuts. I am still waiting to here from them. Also DAB radio is no were near as good as last car (seat Leon) it keeps cutting out, was told that’s what they do?

I had all my wheel nuts replaced last week under warranty and it appears to be a common problem.

As for the warranty only covering mechanical items, that is unbelievably poor from your dealer.

I agree....very poor service from your dealer fobbing you off like that. :mad:
The majority of us are experiencing rusty nuts to some degree.....probably even the ones that think they are fine but just haven't noticed it yet.
It is fast becoming a known and recognised issue and IS covered under warranty.
Either go back to your dealer and insist it is covered or go to another dealer. You could also phone Honda customer relations yourself because they will be familiar with the problem.
Oh and I agree the price of black nuts plus the same again for 4 locking nuts is ridiculous. You can get them both for around £175 from Cox Motorparts online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange thing just happened had a email from dealers saying wheel nuts covered and new ordered. Will let me know when they come in. Surely just coincidence that I have put it on here today?

Has anyone checked with the dealer and Honda whether the metal composition has been improved in the replacement nuts? Else you'll just be seeing the same thing in another few months.

Mine have been signed off by dealer but waiting a few months, almost guarantee issue not resolved baring in mind my car was a January 2018.

They're both cracking cars and both quick but at a guess 80%+ won't see a track and won't see the full potential.
It was yesterdays moment that made me realise exactly that, took near 3 years but now I fully get what people say.

I guarantee I'm not and won't be the only one that will fall in to a daily driver and forget what the car is about, too fast for road use? possibly

I’ve said this for a long time, I honestly think anything much more than around 200bhp is just wasted on the roads in the UK.

For me, a car is at its best when you’re absolutely wringing its neck. If you do that in something as quick as the FK2 / FK8, you’re into license losing territory in no time. I know this from when I had a go in the FK2 on the road at a Honda day and was shocked at how quickly I was well into 3 figures.

Don’t get me wrong, they are great cars - but unless you’re tracking them regularly, I’d rather live with less power that’s all useable any day of the week. My 9bhp bike is testament to that.

Are the fk8s supposed to have car mat fixings, because mine doesn't?
There is nowhere to hold the mats in place I've looked everywhere! slightly disappointed

Yes there will be slots cut in the carpet. Official mats are supplied with clips but 3rd party ones may not.....definitely don't from Carmats4u.
It is possible to buy clips from Cox Motorparts.

It’s pretty common place to negotiate mats in to the deal when purchasing the car.
I agree and have done in the past with other cars that didn't come with mats, but when they cost over £100 some dealers might be reluctant to throw them in free.
There may be more room for negotiation now that discounts are available on the car itself though. There wasn't any when I bought my car 7 months ago.

Back