• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Hmmmm, my brother lives in Essex!

Our car has some kind of launch control feature doesn't it?

Take traction control off, put in +R, put Brake Hold on and rev the engine (maxes @ 3500 rpm?) and then press Brake Hold to lift off?

Is that correct or have I made that up?

The FK2 did not have 'launch control' but it did have a launch mode. Does the FK8 not do the same?

From memory it went something like:
Go into +R mode.
Select the screen with the 0-60 times.
Press Menu.

The revs lights all light up, then slowly go out one by one, when the lights disappear the 0-60 timer starts.
So you can time your 0-60's for ****'s n' giggle's.
You have to launch the car yourself. Like a proper driver.

The FK8 will hold the revs at 3500 for you allowing you to dump the clutch and go off wheel hopping into the distance....

it's not something you set. you'll find if you start the car, floor the accelerator it won't let you go above 3500 rpm.

will be interesting to see how it will fare with some circuit noise tests when they ask you for 4500-5500 revs and you explain "sorry, car computer say no".

:)

it's not something you set. you'll find if you start the car, floor the accelerator it won't let you go above 3500 rpm.
will be interesting to see how it will fare with some circuit noise tests when they ask you for 4500-5500 revs and you explain "sorry, car computer say no".
:)

Ha never thought of that., although I think I read if you have even a tiny rolling start it will go past 3500...would just need to make sure you didn't run them over..!

Ha never thought of that., although I think I read if you have even a tiny rolling start it will go past 3500...would just need to make sure you didn't run them over..!

I wonder if having it in R+ mode enables to it rev past 3500 when stationary?

Type Rs from the EP3 (i-VTEC) onwards would not let you rev into VTEC while stationary. Its a feature to protect the engine from, "enthusiastic," owners banging them off the real limiter with no load on the engine.

It never has been launch control, same question comes up on every model release. :lol:

Re-track days, they tell you to rev it to what you can.

Type Rs from the EP3 (i-VTEC) onwards would not let you rev into VTEC while stationary.

Unless my pre-facelift was unusual I think that only came in with the facelift models, mine would rev out to redline. I think it wouldn't engage VTEC when not moving though, or when the engine's load was low or something. My current one limits at 5500 if stationary, and 8250 (I think) when mobile.

If I find it actually had k100 or something and I just went and sold it for peanuts then I'm going to be very upset. :)

Type Rs from the EP3 (i-VTEC) onwards would not let you rev into VTEC while stationary

Unless my pre-facelift was unusual I think that only came in with the facelift models, mine would rev out to redline. I think it wouldn't engage VTEC when not moving though, or when the engine's load was low or something. My current one limits at 5500 if stationary, and 8250 (I think) when mobile.

If I find it actually had k100 or something and I just went and sold it for peanuts then I'm going to be very upset. :)

That's what he said :lol:

Yeah I'll be buying these with red trim.
https://www.carmats-uk.com/cm/honda/civic/1355?product=standard
I refuse to pay hundreds of pounds for the type r ones.

Although my car came with free Type-R mats I just bought a set of these standard mats in red with black edging to see if I liked the look.
They arrived today. £24 delivered and a bit of a bargain. First impressions are good. They seem no thinner than the official Honda ones and the fit is a perfect match and the holes and fitments line up perfectly.

I might decide it looks a bit bling after a while and swap back, but for for the price... thumbs up from me.

Although my car came with free Type-R mats I just bought a set of these standard mats in red with black edging to see if I liked the look.
They arrived today. £24 delivered and a bit of a bargain. First impressions are good. They seem no thinner than the official Honda ones and the fit is a perfect match and the holes and fitments line up perfectly.

I might decide it looks a bit bling after a while and swap back, but for for the price... thumbs up from me.

Did you buy them from carmats-uk.com?
If so, do they came with the correct fitting things as in do they fix into the FK8 or do they just sit on the carpet?

Red with black trim actually sounds quite nice.

Did you buy them from carmats-uk.com
If so, do they came with the correct fitting things as in do they fix into the FK8 or do they just sit on the carpet?
Carmats4u mats come with the correct holes but no fixing clips.
This is what I bought and when I contacted them they were under the impression that the new car should have been supplied with the fittings attached to the carpet. I told them this is not the case and fittings are supplied with genuine mats.
They offered to try and supply me with some third party fittings but I said no and just have my mats sitting on the carpet.
Full marks for mat quality....although I've noticed they have recently had a large price rise!

Yes, from from carmats-uk.com.

I already had the official Honda mats so already had the proper fixing stud things fitted and these just were a direct replacement and the holes lined up exactly over the original fixing studs.

Hello lads

Looking at ordering a new FK8 in the next few days. Is the Illumination pack factory fitted? Or does it get fitted when the car arrives at the dealership? If it's the latter I will be giving it a miss.

Back