• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New pressure washer recommendations

My trusty Karcher 570 gave up the ghost this weekend after 7 years of use. Great bit of kit that has served me well but now I need a replacement. From a quick google it seems many of the newer Karchers aren't built as well and don't last as long so I'm tempted to try something else.

Looking to spend roughly £100 - any recommendations?

Anyone? Just to add my old Karcher had a 2000w induction motor which is probably why it lasted so long and performed so well!

I would really recomend a nilfisk they are superb, in my opinion better than the karcher!

Cheers Rossy, would be good to get it fixed as it is a good bit of kit. Metal cast, very few plastic parts other than outer casing. Let me have another go with it this week and see if I can figure out what is wrong. Where is he based?

Been looking at the nilfisk ones on Amazon - very cheap there! Which model have you got?

giger, he is based in buckinghamshire, but he has a patch he travels for his job, i think it is a large area, like the whole of the south of england and cambs would therefore fall under that. he would be fixing it as a "cash job" so it would be flexible and he might be able to pick it up, or fix at your address. let me have a word with him and see if he is interested at all. he might rather you get the thing to him, which given the distance wouldn't be practicable.

bump time. Poor weather and family life has meant that I haven't cleaned my car since this post - seems it's been 2 months!
Got the Karcher out yesterday and the problem seems to be with the lance hand gun. It now leaks water from the trigger causing the motor to cut out (the original problem). Hose connection is solid so internals must be shot. Seems a compatible replacement gun is £35-£40 from either e-bay or karcher outlet.

Rossy - would your mate have one of these? As mentioned I've got an older Karcher that is built like a tank, seems a shame to bin it over a broken gun. However at 40-ish quid I could also have one of these Nilfisk jobbies for only slightly more. Thoughts?

Back