• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New satin silver EP3 and a brief Boof car history..

• Thread starter Deleted member 22.11.21
  • Start date
I'm a sucker for spending my money so I will probably be going to Honda, giving them a ring in the morning after my night shift and see if they can sort it tomorrow.

h

Another productive day up at grinspeed, have booked in for a baffled sump next month ready for the track day at Silverstone.

So on Sunday I went over a speedbump that was concealing a ridiculous pothole on the passenger side, since hitting this I have creaking coming from the front passenger side when going over any bump and also when steering so don't think it's the springs, seems to be at low speeds but then I may not be hearing it at higher speeds.

Back at Grinspeed on Friday and Stevie will be taking a look, hopefully won't be anything major. Had a quick look myself but can't see anything damaged although the track rod end looks very tired.

That must be exactly what I was looking at, looks knackered!

Another good day up at Grinspeed, baffle fitted, setup checked and a new battery all ready for Silverstone on Monday, excuse the filthy car it has been washed since!

Next steps are either clutch & flywheel or a new exhaust system but will probably put them off for a bit now unless I change my mind :lol:

Yesterday at Silverstone was great, car was fantastic and surprised me with how it coped against some of the other stuff that was present. Pictures to follow later..

It's was soaked first thing (someone span on the sighting lap :lol:) but soon dried out and the sun even made an appearance.

I have noted some rusting on my rear arches and some on sill just under the passenger door (pictures to follow). Want to get it sorted and it looks surface only, how much will it cost to have it treated or is it easy enough to DIY? Bear in mind my abilities with such things are non existent.

I've got similar on mine and I'm planning to dress it back and treat with por15 rust preventive paint and chassis protection.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Planning on replacing the weather strips on the roof as they are coming away a bit and look in a state. Anyone have any idea what is needed to secure them? And is each strip really £60?:eek:

There are definitely no clips on any of the strips so I shall get some ordered!

Been back at Grinspeed recently, new rack slider and a setup. When the car was up we have found a split in a small pipe going into the fuel tank, its behind a plastic guard so no idea how its happened unless someone is out to get me. That's going to be £40 but waiting on Honda to order in.

Looking ahead I am going to get some Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2, on the Tegiwa site they're sold as 17x8 ET38 "track fitment" so what tyres am I going need with those...235/40 or something else? Don't want to be stretching.

Last edited by a moderator:
7.5 tonne truck squeezed past and damaged the passenger side outside my house last night and didn't stop, luckily a neighbour got the reg!

7.5 tonne truck squeezed past and damaged the passenger side outside my house last night and didn't stop, luckily a neighbour got the reg!

What a . Hope you manage to get it sorted through his insurance mate. Any pictures of the damage?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What a . Hope you manage to get it sorted through his insurance mate. Any pictures of the damage?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'll put some up in a little while, more annoyed that they didn't bother to stop.

Back