• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New supercharger

Toda are now doing low compression pistons for their stroker kits. A stroked S/C'd motor. Now that would be interesting.

CTR said:
Toda are now doing low compression pistons for their stroker kits. A stroked S/C'd motor. Now that would be interesting.

Not sure what TP's doing to the inside but mine is being stroked and looking to run its first outing on 5th/6th May at Santa Pod :D

Scott Whitelaw said:
CTR said:

Not sure what TP's doing to the inside but mine is being stroked and looking to run its first outing on 5th/6th May at Santa Pod :D

Are you going FI or staying NA?

Scott Whitelaw said:
CTR said:
Are you going FI or staying NA?

Still forced induction using the my existing Jackson Racing Eaton supercharger, oh and a wee bit of nitrous. :)

Isn't there an issue with the original Jackson not being able to make enough boost in higher capacity K variants or is that where the nitrous comes in to start making up for the short fall in boost?

HASNIC said:
Isn't there an issue with the original Jackson not being able to make enough boost in higher capacity K variants or is that where the nitrous comes in to start making up for the short fall in boost?

Not too sure TBH - there is a guy in the states running a K24 with 10.5psi with 130shot of nos on the M62 Eaton. No boost issues there.......

Guy at CPL has it all in hand 8)

Scott Whitelaw said:
HASNIC said:

Not too sure TBH - there is a guy in the states running a K24 with 10.5psi with 130shot of nos on the M62 Eaton. No boost issues there.......

Guy at CPL has it all in hand 8)

I know they cant make the boost as they dont flow enough air if your going 2.4 or bigger but with the addition of NOS it effectively increases the boost pressure so it is a possibility. Remember though that the US Jackson charger is a bit different to the UK one so that may effect things slightly as well.

Oh and my engine is still K20 and will always remain K20.....Just stronger. :twisted:

tp said:
I know they cant make the boost as they dont flow enough air if your going 2.4 or bigger but with the addition of NOS it effectively increases the boost pressure so it is a possibility. Remember though that the US Jackson charger is a bit different to the UK one so that may effect things slightly as well.

Oh and my engine is still K20 and will always remain K20.....Just stronger. :twisted:

There is an interesting topics on K20a.org on this subject and how they got round about it and why it happened in the 1st place etc. I know the chargers are different but we will get it up to boost.

Scott Whitelaw said:
tp said:

There is an interesting topics on K20a.org on this subject and how they got round about it and why it happened in the 1st place etc. I know the chargers are different but we will get it up to boost.

Charge cooler ??, crank pulley ??, 2.6" blower pulley ?? all of these ??

chippyleigh said:
Scott Whitelaw said:
tp said:

Charge cooler ??, crank pulley ??, 2.6" blower pulley ?? all of these ??

No charge cooler on the one I was looking at. It actually needed a smaller crank pully as the charger was spinning too fast with a 3.15" compared to a 2.9" . 17,500rpm I think was peak for the M62 - anything over that they lost boost. They changed to a larger throttle body and better induction mods and got up to 10.5psi, think it was down about 6psi before fiddling with crank pully, TB, etc. All very interesting reading.

If you were going for a Toda stroked engine the highest you would get up capacity wise would be 2.2, so could a JRSC still be effective at this level of capacity? Is it only when you go the K24 route that problems start to arise?

If the JRSC struggles to flow enough why don't people consider the Rotrex system?

CTR said:
If you were going for a Toda stroked engine the highest you would get up capacity wise would be 2.2, so could a JRSC still be effective at this level of capacity? Is it only when you go the K24 route that problems start to arise?

If the JRSC struggles to flow enough why don't people consider the Rotrex system?

Could well be but you can get round the problem quite easily.

Back