• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New tyres

Are tyres like Cup 2's and ad08rs going to exist seeing as tyres like r888r etc are being banned in the near future?

Ummm, perfectly serviceable but I think I prefer my admittedly currently unobtainable Pro Race 3’s (around £1200 fitted with MPS4’s)
c2c366d7d2d7371aa0bec4a20242ac9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

want!

I can't find any credible source to suggest anything of the sort.
I remember hearing this tail end of last year but only in spoken word. Don't think I've ever seen anything in writing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Yup parting gift from the EU, I think from end of next year the tyre suppliers will be stopping making cut slicks for road use, I believe this is more to do with wear rates and noise. I will have a search around, heard it recently.

The "rumour" that the EU is going to ban semi slicks has been circulating for the best part of a decade now.

Was going to say old stories was all I could find,
There is one regarding tyres and they're saying we will be paying more after brexit

We will all have to start buying british brands.....like Avon.....can get the wifes make up while I am at it.

Re: Pro Race 1.3 18" wheels.

Just been told by the factory my wheels should be finished next week. As soon as they're on, I'll post pics and first impressions...

Perhaps the forum should seriously think about a group purchase direct from Team Dynamics?

Re: Pro Race 1.3 18" wheels.

Just been told by the factory my wheels should be finished next week. As soon as they're on, I'll post pics and first impressions...

Perhaps the forum should seriously think about a group purchase direct from Team Dynamics?

looking forward to the pics mate but yes I'd be interested in getting a set for winter period and if we can crack a Group Buy discount I'd be up for some of that action.

stealing from SELOC forums, but this restriction on Tyres from 1st November 2018 has also been discussed here; https://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid=455135&page=1#pid7916561 I run AD08R on my Elise S2-111S.

someone in this thread also quoted this EU law database link saying the restriction was originally planned for 2016 but pushed out to this year. https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1539682290560&uri=CELEX:52018PC0296

maybe after March 29th next year we can go full or semi slicks should we chose to ignore the EU rule :) :lol:

looking forward to the pics mate but yes I'd be interested in getting a set for winter period and if we can crack a Group Buy discount I'd be up for some of that action.

I'll mention it to my contact at Rimstock and see what can be done.
To be honest, at just over £700 a set, they're not expensive anyway. It's the bloody lead-time that's the problem!

I'll mention it to my contact at Rimstock and see what can be done.
To be honest, at just over £700 a set, they're not expensive anyway. It's the bloody lead-time that's the problem!

thanks Steve, yeah no point ordering today if they don't turn up until summer next year :lol:

okay, so I've received my shiny new Pro Race 1.3 18" wheels.
They don't fit. More specifically they don't clear the front calipers without a 5mm spacer.
I'm a bit miffed as I waited eight weeks for these to turn up.
Call me a sissy but I'm not prepared to add spacers.
Before I return them to Rimstock would anyone like them? .... they cost me just over £700 and are currently fitted with £500 worth of Michelin PS4's... so say £950?
ab051503e655ac3f1cf682f4d6492f65.jpg
20deca17374c0792f04239550801913f.jpg

I'm in Norfolk but happy to travel to rendezvous...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Have they sent the correct ones, I'm sure they stock pro race for the fk2 which I think share the same specs

Back