• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Wheels **Edit - project now finished!**

Very nice tailgate 8)

Whats the build up of it like - Is it a carbon skin over a steel frame?? Is it noticeably lighter to close etc...?? :)

Gunn79 said:
Very nice tailgate 8)

Whats the build up of it like - Is it a carbon skin over a steel frame?? Is it noticeably lighter to close etc...?? :)

It's carbon over a fibreglass frame. Does feel lighter, but it's the glass that's the heavy bit really. Without it the OE tailgate isn't heavy either.

Dont know why, but i have a thing about carbon boots ever since i've seen Sara's.

Absolutely love them and think they look *perfect*. Nice choice mate!

Used to think your car was good, but now i think its awesome :twisted: Just looks perfect. Never used to like the buddyclub stuff as i was always onto mugen gear, however im tempted to say yours look as good/if not better. Top job, it all flows together, love it!

Dude 8) 8) :D :D

Everyone has pretty much summed the car up :). Now as you have said just enjoy the summer and all your efforts.

Oh as for lug nuts. I can fully recommend the Byddy Club nuts from Stevie, not cheap but they are the coolest. OR Failing that J's racing. AS they are black and also do a rather swish locker (which I have with my BC items.

These I got from Paul at System R.

AndyGreen said:
Gunn79 said:
Very nice tailgate 8)

It's carbon over a fibreglass frame. Does feel lighter, but it's the glass that's the heavy bit really. Without it the OE tailgate isn't heavy either.

Looking very good just need to get it back on the track, will replace my glass first, do you have any idea of the weight before you put the glass in.

Friendy said:
AndyGreen said:
Gunn79 said:
Very nice tailgate 8)

Looking very good just need to get it back on the track, will replace my glace first, do you have any idea of the weight before you put the glass in.

Not really, from what i've been told it's roughly 5lbs lighter than stock. So not a great saving in weight, unless you have a plastic rear screen - that would then save some serious Kg's

Courtesy of a nice brand new 4x4!! Thanks for driving off, It's only been on 4 days for f**ks sake! Chaffs my @rse!

image1540sp.jpg

Fingers crossed it's fixable or his insurance will be buying a new one!

:smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013

Of all the rubbish luck... mine was the only car in the car park and he hits mine!

Back