• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Newan's 52 NHB. Type R number 1

great looking car. I love black on black. cant wait to see what else is in the works for this thing.

O hai...forgot to update. I got me one of them progress 24mm anti roll bars. It's the dogs danglies. :)

Say goodbye to JDM y0

DSC00752.jpg

Progress says Hi..

DSC00753.jpg

DSC00754.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

DSC00756.jpg

DSC00757.jpg

It's really stiffened the arse end up quite a bit more than before, and added more stability to the whole car, moreso than I was expecting tbh. It's not too stiff, and it's not skittish...it's just right.

Never heard of progress. Does the roll bar come with that bit in the middle that goes where the tie bar does?

Never heard of progress. Does the roll bar come with that bit in the middle that goes where the tie bar does?

Yes mate, first I'd heard of them was when I saw one on LeeH's DC5, funky power sell them for 200smacks in the face, so I ordered immediately. The tie bar links the same points as a carbing tie bar for example, but it is also the mounting points for the arb bush clasps as well, it's all very well put together. It is a 2 point adjustable arb, so there are 2 fixing points for the droplinks which apparently transalte into a soft and hard setting...but I used the hard setting and it's fine. It did come with some adjustable rose jointed droplinks but they don't fit very well and the oem ones fit perfectly which I prefer tbh, oem drplinks are cheap to replace and a bit nicer for road use imo. It also comes with polybushes which is always nice.

Yes mate, first I'd heard of them was when I saw one on LeeH's DC5, funky power sell them for 200smacks in the face, so I ordered immediately. The tie bar links the same points as a carbing tie bar for example, but it is also the mounting points for the arb bush clasps as well, it's all very well put together. It is a 2 point adjustable arb, so there are 2 fixing points for the droplinks which apparently transalte into a soft and hard setting...but I used the hard setting and it's fine. It did come with some adjustable rose jointed droplinks but they don't fit very well and the oem ones fit perfectly which I prefer tbh, oem drplinks are cheap to replace and a bit nicer for road use imo. It also comes with polybushes which is always nice.

Good info there NN.

Tiny little update.

Went to eightspeed on saturday and had some brembo discs, ferodo ds3000 pads, gearbox mount polybush, torco rtf tranny fluid, ap racing 5.1 brake fluid and some new geo. Now running -2deg camber front, -1.5deg camber rear, 1mm toe out on front and a totally awesome 0 toe on rear. Go-kart kthx.

Also had a little clean under the engine bay and sprayed my ITG Maxogen matt black for the subtle/no lairy colours look. :)

DSC00886.jpg

DSC00888.jpg

I have a crinkle finish matt black cam cover on the way to replace my now flaking oem cover.

007-21.jpg

005-35.jpg

nice dude! whats the miles on your beast now? irc it was in the 100ks? its still an amazing example. how is the itg, have you always had that?

Nice. Subtle black engine bay is awesome.

For attention seeking showoffs like me it's no good, but for those with a bit of class it makes sense.

120k at the moment mate. Had the ITG for 2 or 3 years now, it's fine for what I want and wouldn't have anything else. Not the best if you plan on modding for big power, but on an oem exhaust/inlet manifold they are perfect imo.

Sweet man.

I recentaly did the pads, lines and fluid upgrade, feels much stronger.

Loving the black cam cover too, these are getting popular.

You coming to JAE this year mate ??

I've had lines, fluid and ferodo ds2500 for a year or 2 now, but wanted something a bit better so got the 3000's, so obviously had to put new discs and fluid on with them. :) It really stops on it's nose now, not as good as a bbk but the best you can get with oem calipers imo.

jae..? dunno.

Back