• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Newan's 52 NHB. Type R number 1

roflcopter.gif

Brace yourselves for another update..:cool:

J's Racing front and rear strut braces plus ETD...

wow, what a difference an ETD makes. Va va voom...:twisted:

DSC00031-1.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

Awesome. Notice a difference with strut bars? I may have with my J's but could be placebo.

as I fitted all 3 at the same time it's hard to narrow it down so I will say this much....with the jdm arb, tie bar and rear J's Racing strut brace...the back end is rock solid and very awesome.
The front strut won't do much because it isn't point to point like a strut brace should be, but with the ETD..I friggin' love it, it's a huge difference over standard, raised my idle to 1040rpm and don't notice it at all on tickover, launching and uber-enthusiastic gearchanges are so smooth it's a joke...I do have es inserts as well mind...The car just feels so good at the moment.

Looking good buddy. I have a similar set up on the DC5. The black front J's brace looks 8)

So no cabin vibes? That's what's put me off an ETD before. That and whatever an ETD actually does.

So no cabin vibes? That's what's put me off an ETD before. That and whatever an ETD actually does.

I only get cabin vibrations at a certain rev range and even then, I think it's my scuttle panel after the shaved ape from Autoglass didn't secure it properly.

All the "vibrations" reports you hear on inserts or ETD's is a misleading term young nickolarse...Think of a ctr with these modifications fitted as sitting inside a huge, good quality vibrator on wheels..it hums rather than vibrates...calling them vibrations leads you to believe the car suddenly starts rattling and shaking itself to bits. This is not the case. The car will momentarily shake when you start it up, if the revs drop a tad too much when pulling away or hill starts or parking then again, it momentarily shakes......at all other times the car just feels rigid, there is a re-assuring hum through the steering wheel, and when you reach the top few 100rpm's of your rev range the noise is much more pronounced.

My opinion is this, the benefits FAR..(and when I say far, I mean walking to the other side of the world far).. outweigh any slight reduction in comfort/refinement.

In short, don't be a tart and get it done, see for yourself. :cool:

having had my j's racing front and rear braces and ETD fitted last week, they are awesome modifications, and like my other post about them, the engine sounds so much more deep and beefy! after 3000rpm, sounds as if you have a muffler fitted if you didnt already and cornering wise, the car is more solid and stable.

I highly recommend:twisted:

im now thinking about the j's racing c-pillar brace but not sure about not being able to use the rear shelf and cutting holes where the c-pillar mounts

Black looks good, better than red IMO :cool:.

Did you know that the OEM one had a slpit or did you find it after you had removed it?

Back