• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NHB Civic Type R EP3 *Lowered and FRSU Pics added*

oh yeah Twyford is not too far. Not heard of them, i will look them up, good luck for tomorrow! looking forward to hearing what its like
cheers mate! and ha yeah no doubt i will upload pics and stuff mate!

no better feeling than getting new parts delivered :)
yeah great feeling, going to be better when its on :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tegiwa Induction set-up is very efficient for the money, Scuttle chop is the only slight pain!

£100 a corner is steep for powdercoat!

Today has been a good day, firstly I fitted my footwell neons which look wicked at night! (sorry about picture quality...)

IMG_0507.jpg

Then after that time to get started on the Gruppe M..

Before..

IMG_0503.jpg

During..with complimentry iPad haha!

IMG_0504.jpg

End Result

IMG_0506.jpg

It was a bit of a pain fitting as the bracket that Tegiwa send doesnt actually reach properly and makes the induction kit rub on some wires so without taking a risk we took some parts off the old induction kit to help it fit. I realise that its not properly lined up as I have to secure it properly with some sticky pads which should help it stop vibrating against the scuttle panel (very annoying sound)

Other than that all went well and I am over the moon with it! Makes such a cool sound on the build up to V-Tec and once in Tec it sounds nuts! also makes the car feel more responsive!

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks Great mate, I was swaying towards HSK, now I've swayed back to the tegiwa after seeing and reading your update, how much difference to the sound is there?

That looks Great mate, I was swaying towards HSK, now I've swayed back to the tegiwa after seeing and reading your update, how much difference to the sound is there?

Cheers buddy, massive difference its a nice low burble on the revs when you accelerate and as soon as you hit Tec just screams but its a nice sound! Makes the car feel more responsive, guess thats becasue it's not heat soaking anymore!

Looks great in Kevlar!

Yeah I wasn't too sure on it but looks better in the car only bit i dont like is the scoop ontop might have to spray that black as it looks a bit out of place... would prefer a more subtle look!

im not a huge fan of the kevlar myself, but each to their own :) and it goes nicely with your oil cap :p but hats off for being different!

you may find your oil breather might rub on the bottom of your bonnet... you could try swapping it round like mine if it bothers you :)

oh car looks nice n clean :D

im not a huge fan of the kevlar myself, but each to their own :) and it goes nicely with your oil cap :p but hats off for being different!

you may find your oil breather might rub on the bottom of your bonnet... you could try swapping it round like mine if it bothers you :)

oh car looks nice n clean :D

If I'm 100% honest with you I didnt actaully order the Kevlar one haha! but ah cheers for that it looks a lot neater I need to put some sticky pads in somewhere aswell as there is some nasty vibration sounds! but cheers mate!

If I'm 100% honest with you I didnt actaully order the Kevlar one haha! but ah cheers for that it looks a lot neater I need to put some sticky pads in somewhere aswell as there is some nasty vibration sounds! but cheers mate!

I found the best thing for the finished look & securing the airbox to the scuttle panel was installing/bonding a larger trim of carbon to the scuttle panel using RS components resin then the Velcro supplied had a decent contact patch which got shot of the vibration while still allowing easy removal of the airbox for airfilter servicing etc -

IMG_1368.jpg

I found the best thing for the finished look & securing the airbox to the scuttle panel was installing/bonding a larger trim of carbon to the scuttle panel using RS components resin then the Velcro supplied had a decent contact patch which got shot of the vibration while still allowing easy removal of the airbox for airfilter servicing etc -

IMG_1368.jpg

Oh right cool cheers! I'm going to have a play tomorrow morning see what I can come up with!

IMG_0506.jpg

It was a bit of a pain fitting as the bracket that Tegiwa send doesnt actually reach properly and makes the induction kit rub on some wires so without taking a risk we took some parts off the old induction kit to help it fit. I realise that its not properly lined up as I have to secure it properly with some sticky pads which should help it stop vibrating against the scuttle panel (very annoying sound)

Other than that all went well and I am over the moon with it! Makes such a cool sound on the build up to V-Tec and once in Tec it sounds nuts! also makes the car feel more responsive!

Mine was like this and sat lower than it supposed to be when we installed it and I've asked TGM to refit it when I was there then they sorted it for me! :)

I like the looks of it! :)

Right okay after a bit of playing around and a few nightmares (dropping the velcro strip into the airbox) ive managed to get it sitting properly! Not really sure how strong the velcro is so will see tonight when i take it for a thrashing! hopefully it works!

This is how it's sitting..

IMG_0510.jpg

Just the stuff that they provided! will have another play tomorrow the only problem is trying to mount the velcro somewhere with a big enough surface on the car..

This is why I modified the scuttle panel to offer a better contact patch for the Velcro to sit, All part of the modifying fun :rolleyes:

Back