• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Arb bushes are a doddle mate, a cheap diy

I know mate. I did the rear drop links, bushes and JDM arb. However I am short of time lately and I also broke my trolley jack so would need to factor in the cost of buying another one.

Oh yeah plus I'm a lazy b'stard :lol:

Got my new braided brake lines fitted on Saturday. Only really done motorway miles since so too early to say what effect they have had compared with the rubber hoses.

Also swapped the old front arb bushes with SuperPro ones.

Got my second hand Tegiwa exhaust fitted. I like the tone and look of this and it's not too loud:

Still need to get my Energy Suspension engine mounts fitted and the water pump belt needs changing.

Tegiwa looks good I'm thinking of getting one myself, was it easy to fit?
Thanks. Do you mean the intake or exhaust?

The exhaust was fitted for me. The intake was easy to fit but needs a but of tweaking to get it just right. Used a couple of cable ties to stop it rattling.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I was talking about the exhaust, just wondering what the fitment is like?
Early days with it on but fitment seems good.

The guy that fitted it said I may need firmer rubber hangers (can't think what they are called!) but haven't heard any rattles or knocks underneath and haven't scraped it on speed bumps so far. My car isn't lowered though.

Early days with it on but fitment seems good.

The guy that fitted it said I may need firmer rubber hangers (can't think what they are called!) but haven't heard any rattles or knocks underneath and haven't scraped it on speed bumps so far. My car isn't lowered though.

I think they are literally called Exhaust rubber mounts/hangers mate.

And i'd be really worried if you are scraping on stock ride height, they sit really high up!

You should debadge the CIVIC part on the back, makes it look a bit cleaner imo :)

I think they are literally called Exhaust rubber mounts/hangers mate.

And i'd be really worried if you are scraping on stock ride height, they sit really high up!

You should debadge the CIVIC part on the back, makes it look a bit cleaner imo :)
I took the old civic badge and type r badge off but there was a bit of lacquer peel so preferred to just replace with new ones.

You are right though, would look tidier.

Ta, might give that a go. My Fn2 was debadged and I preferred it.

Attachments

• sketch-1502316916819.png
    sketch-1502316916819.png
    994.5 KB · Views: 31
The exhaust is looking good. It scrubbed up well! What did you use a polishing mop\compound?
It'll also be fine at near standard ride height and shouldn't hit a thing.

The exhaust is looking good. It scrubbed up well! What did you use a polishing mop\compound?
It'll also be fine at near standard ride height and shouldn't hit a thing.

Thanks. Firstly I removed the tar using Car Chem Tar and Glue Remover then I used AutoGlanz Blood Tonic to remove the iron particles.

I have got a polishing machine but due to having a puppy it's hard to find the time at the moment so in short stages over a couple of weeks I just used some metal polish, some 0000 grade wire wool and a lot of elbow grease.

Just need to get a cone or ball polisher to attach to the drill to get the inside of the exhaust a bit cleaner.

Nice car and mods for sure.

Quick note about your oil cap. They are prone to get loose and fall off, as there is pressure in the head and since the alu one you got will not expand with the heat and cold, then it is quite a common fault. The amount of people at the ring, that have lost their oil cap is mind boggling and all because of they are metal.

The stock one is the best one.

Nice car and mods for sure.

Quick note about your oil cap. They are prone to get loose and fall off, as there is pressure in the head and since the alu one you got will not expand with the heat and cold, then it is quite a common fault. The amount of people at the ring, that have lost their oil cap is mind boggling and all because of they are metal.

The stock one is the best one.
Thanks for the compliments and advice with the oil cap.

I must admit the day after I fitted the oil cap I checked it and it was loose.

It's been fine since but I'm not confident with it so may change back to the original cap.

Got a few more parts to fit.

As mentioned in another post I wasn't sure when the spark plugs had been changed last so thought I would replace those.

I am going back to Red R Performance in Northampton in June to get my engine mount inserts put in, plus I have got a Meyle auxiliary belt to replace the current one which is starting to split. And lastly got some Pagid rear discs and Brembo pads to go on.

Back