• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

no i-vtec cover

is it ok to run an EP3 without the i-vtec cover? its rattling...

im just worried the injectors and stuff will get affected by the heat of the engine bay without it.

is it ok to run an EP3 without the i-vtec cover? its rattling...

im just worried the injectors and stuff will get affected by the heat of the engine bay without it.
I doubt the plastic cover will protect it from the heat. Should be perfectly fine chap.

they rattle very often. One trick is to raise it with some washers, so even though it vibrates it doesn't touch anything and therefore no rattle.

I think mine stayed on for 2 months....

Regarding painting your cam cover, you can do some very cool effects. However there is little point unless the state of yours is really bad.

yeh but the only down side for me doing this is "I PERSONALLY" think it takes abit of the prettyness from the engine bay:rolleyes:

since taking my cover off, there has been a slight buzzing sound that occurs once in a while from the engine bay, any ideas as to what it is?

i put the cover back on and it stops...

since taking my cover off, there has been a slight buzzing sound that occurs once in a while from the engine bay, any ideas as to what it is?

i put the cover back on and it stops...
So you're getting a rattle when it's on and a buzzing when it's off?

I would suggest getting some sort of rubber to make some feet for the cover and put it back on.

I must be fortunate in that I've had two cars now with K20a engines and have never had this problem.

ok lemme re-phrase that again, after further examination

the buzzin sound comes when i rev the car at stand still exactly at 2100rpm and when i brother checked with the bonnet open, the buzzin sound is coming from behind the engine, sort of where the exhaust manifold cover sits.

he says it sounds like a metal panel behind there is vibrating against another metal panel...?

def the driveshaft heatshield :) just take the ****er off and throw it at a chav.

re the i-vtec cover, take that off to. it looks sh1te.

def the driveshaft heatshield :) just take the ****er off and throw it at a chav.

re the i-vtec cover, take that off to. it looks sh1te.

hahaha! you make me laugh with them comments...

will be taking both bits off when i can get a jack to lift car high enough, i cant seem to get underneath my car even though im skinny!

is removing the rocker cover a simple enough job, i've stripped a few B series covers and put on with new gaskets. is it the same for the ep3?? wondering because i would like to paint mine yellow using crinkle paint. Mine is good and thorough knackered. there isnt anything i need to be careful of is there?

P.S i know is an old post but its closest thread i could find. cheers guys.

Back