• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 no spare wheel :(

not sure if this has been covered but the new fn2 does not have a spare wheel or a space saver instead the car comes with a motor pump with a bottle of gel which is pumped through the valve then hardens to get you 50 miles. Then you replace it with a new bottle at a cost of £20. A space saver is an optional extra at £120 lol.

IIRC when you use one of the foam repair thingies the tyre is left un-repairable...
So cost of new tyre + £20 for new foam = might as well get the space saver. :lol:

IIRC when you use one of the foam repair thingies the tyre is left un-repairable...
So cost of new tyre + £20 for new foam = might as well get the space saver. :lol:

Agree. I would also like to see foam fixing a shredded tyre too. A nice few hours wait for the AA man then:rolleyes:

Some tyre centers also do not touch puncture foam-repaired wheels as they are an absolute nasty to clean up and replace... in Derby they are well fussy...

Think I would pay the extra £120 for a space saver for the extra piece of mind that if you did get stuck and the tyre was f00ked you could at least get home

£120 is such a rip off for the spacesaver, does anyone know if a spacesaver from a another civic or another car would fit??

if so pretty sure could buy it for less than the £120 honda want!!!

Just about all spacesavers are £££'s from Honda, try and get another one that wil clear the brakes though ?? If you can, then breakers, but I think the brakes will be an issue.

Just think yourself lucky, the NSX space saver is a one use only wheel, never mind tyre :(

The tyre weld stuff is easy to clean off, most tyre places will repair one that has had it in also, you just have to either ask nice or volunteer to clean the tyre yourself.

However, if you look after your tyres then a puncture should be the worst you get, shredded tyres are usually down to budget remoulds or running a tyre that should have already been changed.

Personally I would get the space saver kit and put the gunge on ebay, no matter what the cost.

Personally I would get the space saver kit and put the gunge on ebay, no matter what the cost.

What is the price for a spare??

My dealers is currently saying they are not available for the 3dr Type R/S.

Is it just the same wheel from the 5dr?

I wouldn't think the brake issue is a problem because they only have to clear the rears. The EP3 spare doesn't clear the front brakes.

Back