• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

No Vtec in 6th gear

A couple of fellas round our way had the same problem only with 1st gear mate, its normally to do with low oil level when it wont vtec, not enough oil for oil pressure. I asked had they dipped it for oil, one topped his up and another serviced his the next day and all was sweet again so try that mate. :smt023
Ive hit the vtec in 6th a few times, its a dodgy enough experience just with lowering springs in, you would need coilovers IMO, i think the standard ctr suspension is poor, everything else is good though :D

V-tec doe's happen in 6th it just gets weaker as you go through gear's........ Not as powerfull as 1st 2nd or 3rd

Check your knock sensor, you have to take off the inlet manifold for this, also check your catalytic converter. Clean your air filter.

As soon as i reset them they just come rite back. Would any of them have a affect on the performance?

Am i the only one that seen the title and thought WTF :eek:

LOL joking but anyways I've just returned from a good old private road bashing lol and yes vtec does engage in 6th and can be heard although not as loud as 1,2,3,4.

Check the oil mate and if it were stretched timing, I'm pretty sure you would get a camshaft fault code or something as I read somewhere.

me too WTF, But had to try it this morning( on my mates goat farm), vtec in 6th does engage.

When was it last serviced?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what the problem is with your car, could do with seeing a video of what happens

Mine kicks in at exactly 120mph in 6th

Dunno if the EP3 is similar but on the DC5 it goes up in increments of 20mph per 1000rpm in 6th gear

60mph is 3k, 80mph is 4k etc etc

Back