• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

North Weald Today

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
Today was my first track experience & it was with hondas-on-track & what a great day!!!:twisted:

The airfield was easy to find & the organisation was spot on.
All the staff were very friendly, nice to see Sara again & talk to all the other guys & gals there.
I do not have one grumble about the day, it was superb.

Was really nice to see Hasnic (About half the man he used to be now.....skinny fecker:p), Zeff, Foxy & Sikboy (Nice to meet ya Andy ;)) as well as some lads from the DC5 forum.

The Clio did not disappoint one bit.
The first exercise was a high speed corner.
This was very daunting to start with tbh, you don't think doing the corner in question is doable over 50mph, but by the end of the exercise I was managing 70mph albeit holding a nice progressive slide.
The Clio felt very together doing the exercise & found that 70mph was the quickest I could manage & keep things together.
Another guy that attended thought it was great as every time he saw me coming round it was cocking the inside rear :cool:
Andy's EK9 was very similar, but @ a quicker pace.
Nicks first effort in the Ek9 was comical, piles into the corner, then the rear starts to come round & the drivers rear just starts smoking all over the place :lol:
Everyone span & that was to show you how the car behaves when you go too far. It was very hairy spinning @ 80mph, but completely safe in the environment & a damn good laugh tbh.

The 2nd exercise was the slalom.

I've never done anything like this either & was a bit nervous.
But a first decentish time sort of set the ball rolling & then I was chasing.
I managed a decent time of 36.8 seconds in the Clio & was well happy with that.
Then my pal wanted me to have a go in his Fiesta ZS with some decent tweaks. The time was exactly a second under my effort in the Clio:eek: @ 35.8 seconds.
So back out I went progessively getting quicker, then it all came together & I managed a 34.6 seconds :cool:
Was fastest of the day until a guy that had been getting quicker & quicker smashed my time @ bagged a 34 dead in his Metro GTi with 1.8 K-series lump. I can't moan @ that as my time was quicker than everything else & the car is standard.

The 3rd event was a circuit.
This was great fun, but so hard to judge lines seeing as you just see a big sqaure of tarmac & using cones.
But again the Clio didn't disappoint posting a 1 minute 7 seconds dead.
Considering that a 400bhp R33 GTR Liner was doing 1.07's too I was well chuffed.

The last event was again a circuit, but more an up/down idea.
This was superb again, but unfortunatley my tyres were starting to suffer badly by this stage & just couldn't get any better than 55 Seconds.

I can't rave about day today enough tbh, it was the BEST day I've had in a car & will defo be attending North Weald again.

Thanks again to everyone envolved & nice to see old faces & meet new:D

ahh ****o flapinos I didn't realise it was on.

grrrr

anyhow, it seems like you had a good laugh.

Any pics?

Heres some of my pics, got more but mostly they are parked cars, i was roo busy driving lol!

I too found that around 70mph was a limit for me making the high speed corner anymore, and i went well wide or span it!

For me the slalom was cut short after a cone put a nice mark down the side whn i clipped it, i didnt want to risk anymore cone induced marks, so gave up and accepted my 36.3 :-(

Better luck on the handling circuit, doing a 1.05.0 on the long one, think that was one of the best times set on the day.

The short handling didnt suit me so well, my best was a 54.5 which was only average, i only got 3 goes, and struggled a lot with the tight bend at the end of the straight always being slow there!

Overall was a great day, enjoyed it hugely and now saving for the needed bits for a full track day !!

n518210702_45159_1064.jpg

n518210702_45150_9781.jpg

n518210702_45161_1370.jpg

n518210702_45178_3798.jpg

n518210702_45185_4722.jpg

And a couple on the way home
n518210702_45204_7513.jpg

n518210702_45210_9369.jpg

I really should of taken more, action ones, and taken a proper camera, but im sure some of the other guys will have more / better pics and i was busy enjoying the driving!!

Nice to meet you today Adrian :)

Your times on the long circuits were very very good mate.

I could of got your marks off there today buddy, I had some stuff in the back of my car......shiz sorry :(

Its no problem mate, i managed to polish them off once i got home so no harm done, i just didnt want to risk getting anymore!

Lots of photo's, videos to follow shortly.... If anybody wants a copy just drop me an PM or email.

IMGP2740.jpg

IMGP2741.jpg

IMGP2744.jpg

IMGP2745.jpg

IMGP2749.jpg

IMGP2751.jpg

IMGP2753.jpg

IMGP2754.jpg

IMGP2756.jpg

IMGP2757.jpg

IMGP2759.jpg

imgp2797.jpg

imgp2798.jpg

imgp2799.jpg

imgp2800.jpg

imgp2801.jpg

imgp2803.jpg

imgp2804.jpg

imgp2805.jpg

imgp2806.jpg

imgp2807.jpg

imgp2808.jpg

imgp2811.jpg

IMGP2812.jpg

IMGP2813.jpg

IMGP2815.jpg

IMGP2816.jpg

IMGP2818.jpg

IMGP2820.jpg

IMGP2822.jpg

IMGP2823.jpg

IMGP2824.jpg

IMGP2826.jpg

IMGP2827.jpg

IMGP2828.jpg

IMGP2829.jpg

IMGP2830.jpg

IMGP2832.jpg

IMGP2833.jpg

IMGP2834.jpg

imgp2835.jpg

imgp2836.jpg

imgp2837.jpg

IMGP2839.jpg

imgp2840.jpg

IMGP2841.jpg

IMGP2842.jpg

IMGP2843.jpg

imgp2844.jpg

IMGP2846.jpg

IMGP2847.jpg

IMGP2848.jpg

IMGP2849.jpg

IMGP2850.jpg

IMGP0001.jpg

IMGP0002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was a good day :D the air field was a bit too bumpy for my car on stiff coilovers, I had a good time though.

My mates metro was awesome, it took a caning all day without braking down :lol:

Think I found the problem with my car, looks like the spriggott ring moved a bit from behind the wheel, don't know how the hell that would happen with all the wheels nuts tight :eek:

Was a good day :D the air field was a bit too bumpy for my car on stiff coilovers, I had a good time though.

My mates metro was awesome, it took a caning all day without braking down :lol:

Think I found the problem with my car, looks like the spriggott ring moved a bit from behind the wheel, don't know how the hell that would happen with all the wheels nuts tight :eek:

Nice to meet you too mate;)

Your pals Metro is a proper no holds barred abused machine & fair play to him for his driving it was very impressive seeing as suspension & brakes were stock.

Glad it was nothing too serious or expensive......I felt a bit guitly leaving you there yesterday tbh.

I was in said "liner" Awesome day, nice to meet a few fellow petrol heads, and to see how much difference driver and car can make.
Metro was indeed hilarious, and will be coming on the Skyline day next month. lol

Well impressed by the Clios times, but then my mate in his 172 raped me round the ring last year (phnaar phnaar) so not suprised. lol

great day out

Mook

I think my fav cars of the day were the Metro,purely cos it was so entertaining to watch.
Watching IIRC Foxy in the red EP3 slide right and then so quickly whip fully round 360 the other way
And the Skyline cos it sounded awesome:cool:

Im glad you all had a great HOT day , make sure you sign up for the November one, damp days are always easier on the tyres:rolleyes:

IIRC the fastest time on the slalom was a 28s set by Andy (driver trainer) in his girlfriends standard Corse:eek:

Cheers guys

Im glad you all had a great HOT day , make sure you sign up for the November one, damp days are always easier on the tyres:rolleyes:

Sorely tempted, although water and Skylines don't mix too well, so might treat my 106xsi to some new shocks and bring that along Metro stylee... so long as no-one minds another non-honda?

mook

Well impressed by the Clios times, but then my mate in his 172 raped me round the ring last year (phnaar phnaar) so not suprised. lol

Cheers Mook ;)

Like Sara said yours when it came on boost sounded rude!!!
My fav thing about your car on the day was the way the rear was squirming between the longer gap whilst doing the slalom.

And the Skyline cos it sounded awesome:cool:
IIRC the fastest time on the slalom was a 28s set by Andy (driver trainer) in his girlfriends standard Corse:eek:

Did you have to pish on my chips Sara:lol:

Back