• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NYA's DC5**Couple Of Photos, before the update later this week**

Whoever invented ARB Drop Links needs shagging, with a brick, sideways. They are the automotive equivalent of Crabs. Fcuking annoying in other words.

Now they're on though, the car feels a whole lot more planted. I did have some cheapies from eBay, but got rid of them and got myself a set of BLKWRX (black works I think) ones from Garage16 in Canada. They have a more rigid feel to them than the OEM ones I removed and are 3mm longer than standard to assert more pressure on the ARB, thus giving a more rigid feel to the car. Tbh I can't really feel that, but I do know the car is now handling the way it should.
Also sorted out my Geo once and for all today. It had been bugging me for a fortnight that it still wasn't spot on. So using the Compass App on the iPhone, I managed to get -1.5 degrees all round. Under hard cornering the car feels way more planted than running -2.25, I think the contact patch was just a little to small on our roads in Devon as they are such a state right now.
So all in, I'm a lot happier now with the Teg. Got the airfield day coming up soon, so I might get an oil change in between now and then and a filter swap at the same time.
I've decided the Rad hoses will go on once I get a new Rad. Looking at ALI ones right now, but not 100% sure on the make. Also got the HEL lines to go on, but I need some good fluid first, so any recommendation would be great.

Ate super blue Darren , doesn't need changing as often as motul. It's what I'm using, recommended by automek, its what he uses in his rotrex k24 franked Elise time attack car ;)
y9ame7ag.jpg

sent from the boss droid

Last edited by a moderator:
The other nice thing with Super Blue is that it has a twin, Typ200. It's the same thing but without the blue content, so you can swap between the 2 to see easily when you've bled all the old fluid out.

There's the odd report of SB staining reservoirs, and ironically the blue colour means it's not DOT approved but that's only a problem for the Yanks.

I've got BLKWRX droplinks on mine, doing the job so far. I was going through oem links at a rate of about 1 every 2 months, they don't like stiffer arbs (or being used for driving apparently), but the new ones are holding up well. I didn't notice a difference when driving either.

-2.25 is a fair amount of camber for road tyres, assuming you like going fast and not just looking Hellathrush, yo. I've settled on -1.5 front and -1.2 rear, feels about right. How do you think the accuracy is doing it with your phone? I may try it, because poor.

Tbh Jim, the accuracy seems pretty spot on. It's equal all round and the car seems to feel way more balanced than before. It's the second screen on the app that has the angle finder.

Started looking at prices for a few things to get sorted on the Teg. Gonna take it over to EuroSpec and get the ECU sorted, K100 with a custom map. At the same time I'm having a new O2 sensor put in and a new TPS put on it. Also valve clearances and just an overall checkup by the boys there. Just had a great little play with a 320 Beemer on the way home from a picnic with Lyns, he was having some serious problems dropping me, seems Loxy is not the only one getting Togue Battles lately :lol: . I've been a bit down on the car lately as the bodywork is looking shoddy due to the bumper clips needing replacing and the neighbours cat sliding down the rear quarter. But that will be sorted soon aswell. Looking forward to getting things back on track with the car and beginning to enjoy it again.

Mine has tried my patience recently Darren, seriously so. Seems I get one thing sorted and something else pops up.

I'm starting to enjoy it more though, despite it's faults I know they're only short term and I'm looking forward to when I can properly wring it's neck and drive the thing. The odd little play helps defo.

Any thoughts on booking a track day for it yet? I'm just holding off until I'm happy that something else won't crop up until I do!

I've got the airfield day coming up soon John, I'll see how I go with that and then look at some track time.

I think I'm the same, I know the faults are just short term one and nothing majour, but they're just little niggles that are driving me nuts right now :lol:

Back