• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NYA's Supercharged R53 Cooper S *work in progress*

NYA

Just saving this space until I get a decent clean sorted and get some pictures. Any guesses? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
f8d8b161c7c4e4dadd58111e1354759e.jpg

Tapatalk's had a guess

Sorry to disappoint, it's not a Kei Car, as much as I tried to convince Lyns we wanted a Honda Beat, she was having none of it.

Here are a few hints.

It's not Jap, it's got pedigree (sort of) and there are a million different ways to build them ;)

I'll put you all out your misery. It's probably going to be a massive let down to some. But there are reasons for getting this car.

Lyns wanted to buy her first car.
She also wants to learn to drive now.
We needed something small and fun, but it also needed to be able to do airport runs etc. So an MX5 was out.
I still wanted something that was good fun.

With that lot in mind. Excuse the phone pic it's slinging it down with rain. I'll get some more detailed ones soon.

cf4144aba847a4e5b3606770102651d7.jpg

It's a 53 plate Cooper S with 90,000 miles on the clock, full Mini service history, 2 owners from new and it's never been modified. It's got a load of option packs on it as per the usual Mini method. MoT is end of March next year, it passed the last one with no advisories. It had 4 brand new tyres 2 weeks ago, and a full fluids and filters service when the MoT was done. The girl wanted £2200 for it but there's a mark on the front bumper so we managed to get her down to £1800. It's in great condition, the rear seats look like they've never been used.

It's a far better drive than the Turbo'd version I owned, it doesn't feel like you're being held back by the safety features all the time.

I've got a few little plans for it, but nothing drastic as anything I do will have to be approved by the wife. :lol:

I wasn't expecting fwd to be honest but in context, I get it! Didn't realise the price of these now!

Back