• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Out with the old, in with the new!

I seriously need to buy one of these for when I'm in work. Me and one of the lads in there have an ongoing thing where we scare the sh!t out of each other, he will never expect the ferrocity of the horn :lol:
Btw sorry to the OP thread hijacking is not big and not clever which is why Lukeykb has done so :lol: ;)

ahhh man glad no one looked hurt, but such a waste of a TypeR. as more crash away prices will increase :(

This made me :lol:
Just a quicky but how long does a FRSU take Jermal?

Fitting the parts is easy, especially for a garage. Shouldn't take any longer than about an hour. The harder part is adjusting the settings (camber, toe etc). This can be a bit fiddly. I've had a FRSU (Fast Road Set Up) done twice now and the adjusting has taken between 1 - 1.5 hours. Incidentally, both times I fitted the parts myself, but that;s because I'm cheap.

Fitting the parts is easy, especially for a garage. Shouldn't take any longer than about an hour. The harder part is adjusting the settings (camber, toe etc). This can be a bit fiddly. I've had a FRSU (Fast Road Set Up) done twice now and the adjusting has taken between 1 - 1.5 hours. Incidentally, both times I fitted the parts myself, but that;s because I'm cheap.

Cheers Jermal. Thinking of getting it done soon and TDi north is the nearest to me that I have heard good things about.....I think?! I have a standard EP3 would I be right in thinking that camber bolts are all that is needed unless I want to upgrade the suspension at some point?!
I did hear you were cheap, I didn't believe them of course :lol: ;) :lol:

Cheers Jermal. Thinking of getting it done soon and TDi north is the nearest to me that I have heard good things about.....I think?! I have a standard EP3 would I be right in thinking that camber bolts are all that is needed unless I want to upgrade the suspension at some point?!
I did hear you were cheap, I didn't believe them of course :lol: ;) :lol:

Camber bolts for the front and camber arms for the rear on the EP3.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22184-Suspension-for-beginners

Just be grateful you don't have an FN2. Rear needs shims which means taking the calipers, discs and hubs off. Total job was 5 hours at TDi-North but this included fitting my exhaust. Worth every penny though! :twisted:

ahhh man glad no one looked hurt, but such a waste of a TypeR. as more crash away prices will increase :(

Tell me about it, in a year i managed to make over £1000 on what i paid for it to what the insurance paid me out, but we'll keep that quiet! Still, paid for the upgrade to the prem!

Welcome to the forum mate, where abouts in Kent are you?

Was anyone hurt in that crash?

The only thing hurt in that crash was the car and my pride.

Im in Sittingbourne mate, where abouts are you? Is that photo taken at bluewater?

:lol: don't worry fella, you allways have the other person to blame. Glad no-one was hurt though.

I thought you was local, that's the crossing that goes over to Sheppey isnt it? You can get to some silly speeds on that road, I tried racing a Lambo up there just to hear him shoot past me lol.
Your old car didnt go to Bobbing breakers did it, I fancy some bits lol.

Yeah I did take that at Bluewater funnily enough.

:lol: don't worry fella, you allways have the other person to blame. Glad no-one was hurt though.

I thought you was local, that's the crossing that goes over to Sheppey isnt it? You can get to some silly speeds on that road, I tried racing a Lambo up there just to hear him shoot past me lol.
Your old car didnt go to Bobbing breakers did it, I fancy some bits lol.

Yeah I did take that at Bluewater funnily enough.

So where abouts are you? Can spot bluewater from miles away after tearing around up there when i was a young nipper in my Clio:

DSC00569.jpg

If you do happen to find yourself (unintentionally of course) breaking the speed around the Kingsferry bridge area, beware, the Police like to sneak about in marked & unmarked cars!

Na it was recovered to Maidstone, then insurers sold it to breakers down gas road (sittingbourne) but went there last week and was told she was long gone. Which is a pain in the ass cos i just spent £30 on new wipers which i forgot to take off to put on the new one!

Im from Maidstone fella, cheers for the heads up though. Funny enough I saw some blue flashing lights coming back that way late at night so I slowed right down and it turned out to be an ambulance. The thing couldnt go quick enough to over take, so I just went on as normal lol.

You're joking, I allways go to the gas lane breakers kent auto salvage or something. Great if you have a Ford as I used to get loads of spares, but there is usually buggerall else there.
:lol: at going back to half inch your own wipers.

Im from Maidstone fella, cheers for the heads up though. Funny enough I saw some blue flashing lights coming back that way late at night so I slowed right down and it turned out to be an ambulance. The thing couldnt go quick enough to over take, so I just went on as normal lol.

You're joking, I allways go to the gas lane breakers kent auto salvage or something. Great if you have a Ford as I used to get loads of spares, but there is usually buggerall else there.
:lol: at going back to half inch your own wipers.

Where abouts in maidstone are you? Im over there quite a lot on the **** actually!
I know what you mean about Kent Auto Salvage, and the geezer that works there is a proper bell end!

Who, the bald bloke? I swear he dont like me, I used to go up there quite often aswell.
I dont go out drinking that much funny enough, since owning the Type R all my money goes on petrol lol. I bet you go to Liquid and Beluga Bar?

Who, the bald bloke? I swear he dont like me, I used to go up there quite often aswell.
I dont go out drinking that much funny enough, since owning the Type R all my money goes on petrol lol. I bet you go to Liquid and Beluga Bar?

What makes you say that, cos in the pictures i have a polo shirt on? Na i go wherever mate, although got a bit of a passion staying up till 6 at source bar!
Also, that bald geezer always looks down at me as if he is doing me a favour by letting me into the yard!

brought some new goodies which arrived today, just for a bit of engine dress up!

Genuine mugen oil cap:

DSC01087.jpg

Spoon tank resorvior covers:

DSC01086.jpg

Tenzo R battery tie:

DSC01088.jpg

And some de-greaser from work (dont know if its any good but once i have cleaned engine bay i will post some pics up):

DSC01089.jpg

All im after now is a blue or red earthing kit. Does anyone know of the best one - without spending loads of money. And the best place to buy? also how hard are they to fit?

Back