• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Out with the old, in with the new!

yeah when i get round to actually doing it ill post some pics. Can someone please move this thread to the members cars section?

All im after now is a blue or red earthing kit. Does anyone know of the best one - without spending loads of money. And the best place to buy? also how hard are they to fit?

PM Lee H on here. he makes them up for a fraction of the price the Spoon ones will cost. Piece if píss to fit.

Bit of a pointless update really, but i have been a very busy boy recently. Fitted all my new engine goodies, along with an earthing kit (cheers Lee)
Going to pick up the mats in the morning (standard grey type-r ones, couldnt afford the jdm's) and then im going to give it a clean before fitting them.
Then im going to fit my new wheels! cant wait to see them on there! keep your eyes peeled people!

As promised a little update:

Took the wheels to lepsons to get them refurbished, and to get them finished in another colour. So in the meantime i had to borrow some wheels
Luckily a freind at work had some Enkei wheels that he had as spares for his Evo. just for information, these are a straight swap, fitted perfectly. Only bad point is that they came with massive tractor style 225/4/17s!

DSC01090.jpg

Anyway, next job was to paint the calipers as the original had faded quite badly. So i had the car up on axle stands, and degreased all the calipers using the rocol degreaser shown previously. I didnt really take photos at this point as i wanted to get it done asap so as to let it dry. After degreasing, i then dried the calipers off and (using hammerite smooth silver) gave them all two coats of paint. I was very pleased with the results!

DSC01100.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

I ended up going for the silver as i thought it would show up well against the new wheel colour and didnt want anything too flashy! i then left the car parked for two days so as to let the paint dry.

DSC01120.jpg

Go round to fitting the little engine bay bits:

DSC01096.jpg

DSC01095.jpg

DSC01094.jpg

More very soon!

Looking good mate. I actually really like those wheels, can't you keep them? :lol:

Oh yeah I'm going to get my wheels refurbed when I can decide which colour to go for, how mcuh does Lepsons charge? I haven't been bothered to ring them yet but I did email them and haven't heard anything. They are meant to be one of the best around our area.

Update!

Fitted the new mats, but before doing that, i shampooed the carpets as ive had no carpets in it since i brought it!

DSC01103.jpg

DSC01104.jpg

Before anyone says anything, i couldnt warrent spending £200 on jdm ones, as much as id like to have! Unfortunately the money this month went on wheels and tyres, and i wanted to get some mats asap so as to not mark the carpets, so these will do just fine.............for now

Rear ones fitted

DSC01105.jpg

DSC01106.jpg

Shampooed the seats, and have left the seat covers off for a whole week now! But im being ultra careful not to put any wear on them without the covers on!

DSC01107.jpg

Fronts fitted

DSC01108.jpg

DSC01109.jpg

Polished the exhaust using auto glym metal polish

DSC01116.jpg

New rims, new decals!

DSC01130.jpg

The colour is Aston Martin Pearl Metallic, proper happy with them! Have a nice sparkly finish in the sunlight, similar to that of the paint on the car!

DSC01131.jpg

DSC01133.jpg

Wrapped in 4 new Yoko Prada spec 2's! The tread pattern on these babys is pure sex!

DSC01132.jpg

Fitted

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01138.jpg

Me

DSC01134.jpg

Couple of 'arty' shots

DSC01127.jpg

DSC01128.jpg

DSC01122.jpg

A little sneak peek as to whats next.

DSC01111.jpg

DSC01111.jpg

Next up is a frsu and possibly a subtle (20mm) drop courtesy of TGM. Thats if i dont blow all my money on holiday!
Again, sorry if pic quality aint great, it aint really my thing to be fair! A mate at work has promised me he will take some with his SLR soon though.

Please comment with any thoughts or possible suggestion.

Cant quite understand why (standard wheels/suspension)!
I had just taken the bigger tyres off, and the jack straight out, maybe it needed a little drive to settle. You not reckon 20mm is enough?
If i go anymore, i heard that i may have to replace some of the other standard parts? Can you recomend a decent set of springs?

Those wheels look nice mate, how long did Lepsons have them for and did they charge much?

Go for Eibach or Tein springs if you don't fancy a whole kit with shocks.

I read somewhere that 30mm+ needs new track rod ends or somethig along those lines? Ill just speak to the guys at tgm when i get round to booking up the frsu and go from there.
Lepsons had em for 8/9 days. They did a top job on them, but youll experience a long wait as well as apparently they are getting in excess of 800 wheels a week in at the moment!
Cant help but think if our road tax was properly used then that number would be greatly reduced!

Tbh mate I have no idea with regards to that one. AFAIK Tein are 25mm drop and don't need any other mods done.

Bloody hell 800 wheels?! I have heard they are one of the best places to go. Did you give them the decals for the wheels and have them laquered over?

That's almost certainly why then. It probably just needed a bit of time to settle. :)

After reading this i was a bit disgruntled so i decided to pull my finger out, and get it booked in at TGM.

So now im running eibach pro springs, got the frsu done using eibach adjusters and finally got my new lower control arms and tie bar fitted.
TGM were very proffesional and i would definately use them again. However i was left with one wheel damaged, which when i phoned back up they agreed to pay to correct.
This, however has left me in a dilema as i now need a wheel for a week so that my one can get re-furbed (again)!
Dont know if anyone would be able to help me with this situation, but if anyone has a spare (not spacesaver) sitting about then i would be very grateful and whoever can help would be rewarded.
Ill wait until the wheel is repaired before i post new pictures!

Back