• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Paint Warranty Turned Down

Yes It was from a stone chip. :evil: Not on really. These cars have the most awful finish to their paintwork.

Sorry to hear about the bubbled paint. It sounds much worse than just my soft paint. :evil:

Think I might give Honda in guildford a ring back....

Foxy red said:
Yes It was from a stone chip. :evil: Not on really. These cars have the most awful finish to their paintwork.

Sorry to hear about the bubbled paint. It sounds much worse than just my soft paint. :evil:

I was talking to shonk... :wink: :lol:

I think the problem with the paint is a combination of the steepness of the front of the car and the paint is very hard which makes it brittle.

Bearing in mind stone chips come from cars in front so if you leave a bigger gap you won't get the. :wink:

Neily03 said:
Foxy red said:

I was talking to shonk... :wink: :lol:

I think the problem with the paint is a combination of the steepness of the front of the car and the paint is very hard which makes it brittle.

Bearing in mind stone chips come from cars in front so if you leave a bigger gap you won't get the. :wink:

Sorry Neily- thought you were talking about my roof stone chip :oops:

Could be - but then if it's my driving- why were my other cars not affected?? My distances are fine. TBH, the majority of chips that my car now has, were from the first day I had it when I drove it back from Birmingham to London on the M6 ( I was so nervous driving it that night I stayed well away from anyone!! :lol: )

Neily03 said:
Shonk said:
Foxy red said:
Mine is a satin silver and chips really easily :(

I took it to Honda in Guildford last summer when I bought the car. Never got a reply.

It was only a year old and the paint was more chipped than my 8 year old Seat Ibiza with 80K more miles on the clock :shock:

I found a rusting chiped area in my roof last month :shock: , so I've treated it with a 5 part paint kit from Halfords.

I can definitley recommend it!. You get a buffer to remove the rust, a primer paint, paint the perfect shade for the Honda satin silver, a laqur to finish and a buffer to sand it down to finish. The paints have a tiny paintbrush or a pin point tip to touch up with.

It looks really good and well worth it- about £10 iirc.

NB- Excuse the poor spelling, I'm really tired :oops: )

the bubble is spreading id loose alot of paint about a 1cm square most prob

im determined to get honda on this

it wont cost me that much to get repaired but i realy dont like the way honda are being about it

im waiting on a reply from honda, if no joy
off to trading standards, if no joy
i will get a second opinion then off to court we go

as the warranty isnt worth the paper its written on for paintwork

Whats the cause of the rust on your roof?? Is it a stone chip??

no it cant be a stonechip
as it was bubbleing and has only recently blistered open

Shonk said:
Still no reply
phoned yesterday he was in a meeting

phoned today he's in a meeting

:shock: :shock: Go down there and demand to see him! Wait all day if you have too! :evil: :x

Second thoughts... ring again and when they ask who you are make up a name, see if he's avoiding your calls. :wink:

Neily03 said:
Shonk said:
Still no reply

:shock: :shock: Go down there and demand to see him! Wait all day if you have too! :evil: :x

Second thoughts... ring again and when they ask who you are make up a name, see if he's avoiding your calls. :wink:

he's at head office..

Shonk said:
Neily03 said:
Shonk said:
Still no reply

he's at head office..

Ah....

ok he phoned me today
to say its been turned down again because there is to much paint on the car

where do i go from here trading standards?
or straight to court?

Go to Trading Standards mate, they REALLY helped me out!

I rejected my car after 3 months due to shoddy paintwork, even though HUK told me that i couldn't :smt076

Tell them the full details and they should be able to set you on the right track! 8)

have just sent them a vehicle inspection that cost me £130
confirming pannel's are factory paint and the depths are

125u. for the bonnet
125u. for the roof
65u. for underneath the bonnet where its rusting

should be interesting if they reply or not
i sent it special delivery

gona give them 14 days then take them to court over it

Shonk said:

125u. for the bonnet
125u. for the roof

Good luck mate- let us know how you get on

will do

Foxy red said:
Shonk said:

125u. for the bonnet
125u. for the roof

Good luck mate- let us know how you get on

Shonk said:

125u. for the bonnet
125u. for the roof

Sounds like a good plan.

Good luck!

The film thickness on the underside of the bonnet will be low as it is clear coated. Mine has also started to rust where the catch is...... it going in just over five weeks so i don't really care! :lol: :lol:

Right, I can add my two penneth worth here. There is clearly some sort of problem here we should all be looking out for. I have a Sep 2003 53 reg black car. I went out to wash it yesterday and was horrified to find that a large area of the roof - in fact nearly the full length down one side is covered in tiny raised pimple like blisters. The hot weather has literally raised the paint. I am going on holiday next week and will be contacting Honda when I get back. I am confused about what difference all this talk about paint depth has to do with it - if you've never had the car re-sprayed how can they not repair it - or are they trying to say the person who owned it previously might have done it? Any advice would be appreciated.

let me know how u get on nixy

nixy said:
Right, I can add my two penneth worth here. There is clearly some sort of problem here we should all be looking out for. I have a Sep 2003 53 reg black car. I went out to wash it yesterday and was horrified to find that a large area of the roof - in fact nearly the full length down one side is covered in tiny raised pimple like blisters. The hot weather has literally raised the paint. I am going on holiday next week and will be contacting Honda when I get back. I am confused about what difference all this talk about paint depth has to do with it - if you've never had the car re-sprayed how can they not repair it - or are they trying to say the person who owned it previously might have done it? Any advice would be appreciated.

Ive had half a result they have agreed to the bonnet sort of
gona let them get on with the bonnet then go back in about the roof

ill paste what ive posted on the other forum

I have phoned asking for the person every day since i sent the report

every time he isnt available

this mourning i was told he wouldnt speak to me and that they stand by theyr origional decision to not fix it

Have just finished and paid for the Summons

Should be interesting

Back