• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Paint Warranty Turned Down

30 mins after paying the £80 to take them to court

I had a phone call off steve the guy at head office who's been ignoring me for the last week

he said warranty have had a look at my claim again and have authorized for the bonnet to be done and to go to my dealer they would arrange for it to be done

when i went to the dealer they took readings again on the underside of the bonnet and said its 150 microns

it seems theyr crappy magnet depth gauge is junk and that 150 microns is the lowest it can reliably read

i told them as much but they didnt seem to believe me

as i had it professionally tested with a digital gauge and has low points of 55 microns and the highest is 65 microns

anyway they have re submitted the claim for honda to authorize

I phoned up The dealer just now and the bonnet has been ordered and is on its way in

so if you get turned down for paint work

dont take it and persist if you know your in the right

they cave in in the end even if it does take 6 months

Shonk said:
I phoned up The dealer just now and the bonnet has been ordered and is on its way in

Just got back from my hols and phoning Honda on Monday - depending on what they say I might need your advice if that's ok.

yep no problem

nixy said:
Shonk said:

Just got back from my hols and phoning Honda on Monday - depending on what they say I might need your advice if that's ok.

just got back from the dealers. They measured the paint and said it was not factory paint. However, I had a minor bump at a roundabout a couple of months ago and I had the wing resprayed on the same side as the dodgy paint on the roof. Honda are saying that they think I have overspray on my roof which has been baked on along with dust particles etc and that I should go back to the place that did the insurance work. I have to say that does seem to be a reasonable explanation. The gauge he used to show me the thickness was digital and it read over 100 - having said that it had the same reading on various parts of the roof.

what was it
upto 150 is acceptable

if its been sprayed it will be 220-230 ish+

my roof was reading 125 and my bonnet

They told me it had to be up to 98! It was over 100 but I can't remember. I've written to the previous owner who had it from new to ask if he's ever had anything done with the paint. I found his address on an old invoice but unfortunately he was ex directory. Hopefully he will be forthcoming. Should I contact Honda UK and ask them what the measurement should be? My bonnet and wing were high - about 200 but I know they've been sprayed. My door was about 97. I wish now that I'd asked them to put the meter on one of their new cars to compare!

the service manager told me that upto 150 is considered ok

but 150 is a touch on the high side

if yours was reading 120-130 it will be factory paint
they arnt sprayed all that even my bonnet was reading 98ish in one place
1cm over it was reading 125

alot is down to how small they are reading i think
and that the meter's are only accurate to a certain extent

nixy said:
They told me it had to be up to 98! It was over 100 but I can't remember. I've written to the previous owner who had it from new to ask if he's ever had anything done with the paint. I found his address on an old invoice but unfortunately he was ex directory. Hopefully he will be forthcoming. Should I contact Honda UK and ask them what the measurement should be? My bonnet and wing were high - about 200 but I know they've been sprayed. My door was about 97. I wish now that I'd asked them to put the meter on one of their new cars to compare!

Back