• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

Cheers guys

Manic times, a big rush for Donnington on Monday!

I've got the rear windows in, with a bead of black gutter sealant and a load of rivets. My hand riveter seized a few times which was a pain in the arse, so I borrowed an air riveter which is absolutely epic. I'm really happy with how these came out, I was even able to skim the edges of the vinyl off with a stanley blade once the windows were in place, to leave a perfect edge.
20160804_180735_zpsn5828hh4.jpg

20160804_180655_zpsr6e823sh.jpg

I had planned on painting the rivet heads black, but to be honest I love the look of them!

Anyway, fired her up and have taken her for a quick spin, no major issues and seems to drive straight. Off to Grinspeed tomorrow for geometry setup!

Literally just packed away my tools!

20160804_232853_zpsogccmdhy.jpg

Awesome! Glad you be sorted it mate!

Looks so race car with poly Windows and rivets, love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers boss man. I'm WELL up for a joint photoshoot by the way!

Trip to Grinspeed today! Legendary service as always. I think I'd go there even if I lived in Cornwall.

Custom geometry setup is complete. Caster checked at the front. Camber and toe front and rear.
grinspeed%20geo_zps80zqgwve.jpg

Only issue is the car is now ROASTING when sat in traffic. Fixed windows are hellish! I'm going to get a roof vent asap, hopefully before it's on track!

Well, more drama it seems!

I gave the car 2 decent shakedowns on road, no issue. Then yesterday, setting off for Donington Park, second gear sounds very noisy. So I skip second and use the other gears (Donnington doesn't need it anyway). But the problem gets worse, and the box is noisy even in neutral. Gets worse and I'm forced to retire.

Also annoyingly my lap timing system failed after 4 steady laps (best of 1min 32 up to that point), so had no idea how it went after that.

Another setback, potentially expensive and time consuming to fix :(

Have you upgraded syncros or is it just the diff? Because it's not a big job to swap a diff over.

Don't lose the faith after a couple of set backs.

These things happen, just build the box strong like bull.

Also I have no doubt that you would hugely drop your times at Donnington. My first ever time there my best was 1:25:47 so with your powers you should be smashing that.:smt023

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys here's the score, the shell has damage from the Ring still. The paint has never been any good (blistered in places) and it's now damaged or marked on every single panel. To add to that, the car now has gearbox problems.

So I'm going to strip it. But... there's a twist. I'm going to keep most of the very special bits. Why? Because the most economical way for me to carry on with this project is to buy another track prepped Civic for its shell, and use a combination of the best parts from the two cars to build a super spec Civic... and sell whats left.

So this shell is going to be chopped up... BUT, the project *might* live on, in the spring, in a new build.

Hello everyone.

I've decided to build a K20 powered CRX, so the engine will live on! Probably via a sequential box as well :)

They are quick indeed, I remember in a few of the High Octane DVDs (remember them!?) on the track battles, B18 powered CRX's were slaying 400bhp skylines/scoobys. I'm hoping for considerably more power.

For me it could be the ultimate FWD N/A machine. I'd consider entering TOTB as well, or some level of time attack if the rules allow sequentials.

Back