• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

PC vs Teg - The Results

In a Detailing World stylee!! Here are 1st results with the PC and new products....

Having cleaned my current and past cars by hand for the last 10 years, I recently decided to try out a PC and the various products that can be used with it.

The process and products I used are;

- Pre-cleaned with Karcher PW (yet to get a foam lance).
- Washed 2 bucket method with Meg's Hyper Wash and a Sonus wash mit.
- Rinsed with karcher PW.
- Dried with PoorBoys Waffle Towel with Meg's Quik Detailer.
- Clayed with Meg's Quik Clay & Quik Detailer for lube.
- Car taped up with 3M blue.
- PoorBoys SSR2.5 applied via PC with Sonus SFX-1 pad.
- Sonus Paintwork Cleanser appied via PC with Sonus SFX-3 pad.
- Meg's No.21 Synthetic Sealant.
- Meg's No.26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax (liquid).
All products buffed off with AutoGlym microfibres.
- Windows cleaned with AutoGlym Fast Glass.
- Tyres dressed with Meg's High Gloss Gel.
- Engine bay cleaned and dressed with AutoGlym Viny & Rubber.
(Probably a few bits I have forgotten!)

As it was the 1st time I used the PC, it was a long and deep learning process. It actually took me 12 hours, with a 15min lunch break to complete just the paintwork. The car was washed the night before, dried and garaged under a cover. The following day was the paintwork, and the following day the glass, tyres etc... Hats off to the guys who do it professionally, and complete a full detail in 1 day!

I didnt get a chance to take 'before and during' pics, as I was too busy, and time was a concern. The pics below were unfortunately taken on a very overcast and dull day, so do not do the finish a real justice. Also there are no close ups of the paint - this is due to it being my first time with the PC and products, so although I greatly improved the paintwork, it was not a total correction, some defects do remain (something to work on as I gain more experience). Pics were also taken with the help of some artificial light, due to the dull weather.

Enough chat, here are the pics, hope you enjoy....

DSC01536.jpg

DSC01538.jpg

DSC01533.jpg

DSC01543.jpg

DSC01535.jpg

DSC01554.jpg

Interior - You can see why this wasnt included in the 'process and products' :lol: )

DSC01550.jpg

DSC01549.jpg

'The Shoot'

DSC01555.jpg

Any comment appreciated, good or bad :)

Nice one Gunn...that looks immaculate.

Been toying with getting a PC and after seeing what a "newbie" can achieve its deffo going on the Xmas pressie list.

How long did yours take to arrive and did you get stung by customs ?

Nice one Gunn...that looks immaculate.

Been toying with getting a PC and after seeing what a "newbie" can achieve its deffo going on the Xmas pressie list.

How long did yours take to arrive and did you get stung by customs ?

I ordered mine Sunday evening, and it arrived the following Thursday morning. I ordered mine through Autopia, and they marked the package with a value of £25, so I did not pay any import tax.

After spending 12 hours with it in my hand, I did think about selling it straight away :lol: But with a bit more practice, I can see it will be a very useful tool.

Autopia are great.

Got my PC back in Feb to around 4/5 days to arrive, ordered another one for a friend 2 weeks ago on a friday evening arrived at my door monday morning :D

The second order came to around $600 total order on the import invoice said $25 nice :D:D:D

awesome! I have neither the time or patience to do that on mine. Just gonna pay someone to do it lol

Back