• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's 1995 Harvard Blue EG Civic

If you can find a good one I would go for B18C.

A K series would no doubt be quicker, but a B Series in a little light weight EG would be brilliant to drive.

I still say now to people my EK9 was the funnest car ive owned.

Screw all these pansy Honda motors and just 1JZ the damned thing :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, finally found the place and price that I am happy with for the respray, downside is that it might be a 6 month wait due to pre booked job commitments and the need to book in a 4 week window to get the respray completed.

At least it gives me a bit longer to keep changing my mind about colours haha Cosmic Grey or Championship White are my favourties at the moment.

Engine wise I think a B Series would be the slightly easier conversion (correct me if i am wrong) but am looking into either option of a B or K Series swap, did contemplate a turbocharge set-up on the original D Series engine which seems a bit more popular in the states, but need to do some more digging in terms of logistics, reliability and performance output.

I sense a poll in your immediate future...

B16 FTMFW. A little built B16 with a 10k rev limit, delicious. Dec block, skim head, high comp pistons, H-section rods, cams, rebuild head (maybe a cheeky porting)... Winning. That's what I plan to do to mine, should make around 190-195bhp.

One thing you'll struggle with is gearbox choice. Hyrdo is a must IMO and then you're stuck with Y21 (if you want OEM LSD) which is getting rare as fcuk. Avoid the s9B LSD gearbox, that's what I have. It's great for me in my mini with tiny wheels but the gearing would be way too long on 15" wheels.

Ive been looking more and more on doing a k20 dc2 as there seems to be more tidy shells popping up here and there,

Oh Hell Yeah, i saw the Speedhunters article about Barra's, them sneeky Ozzies have been sat on them for years laughing their backsides off :lol:

Strangely enough people tend to use the B16 head rather than the B18 head on the B20. You still lose the revs though.

Oh Hell Yeah, i saw the Speedhunters article about Barra's, them sneeky Ozzies have been sat on them for years laughing their backsides off :lol:
Yes they have! Love them as they'll take boost for days!

Much like the K24 with K20 head, can you do the same with the B20 and B18 head?
Yeah you can.
Strangely enough people tend to use the B16 head rather than the B18 head on the B20. You still lose the revs though.
It's because the B20 was never designed as a high revving monster. Apparently someone had a lot of work done to their B20 bottom end and still struggled to keep it reliable.

H22 swap with a B series gearbox?

That was popular at one point

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sadly (for me) the EG might be up for sale in the near future, its genuinely the cleanest original EG you will find in the UK so if anyone is interested by all means drop me a PM.

Would love to see it go to a fellow Honda enthusiast.

Gutted Pete, I was looking forward to seeing where you went with this little beauty.

Back