• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's 1995 Harvard Blue EG Civic

I thought it would be good to start a new thread for the EG and keep my original thread specific to the EP3 and 335i.

22 years old and the cleanest original example of an EG I have ever seen, had no choice but to buy her and bring her home there and then.

She's got 30k on the clock and a full service history, including two cambelt changes lol sailed through her MOT a fortnight ago and is completely standard.

Initial thoughts where leading towards a K-swap/highly modified build, but with how clean and original she is I am swaying more towards tidying up the body work, which is genuinely the only thing that needs any attention and keeping her original - although whether this changes over the coming months is another story.

So here she is:-

Exterior 1.jpg

Exterior 2.jpg

Engine 1.jpg

Interior 1.jpg

EG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Started off the task of giving the EG a proper deep clean today, in general its in superb condition but does have two decades worth of grime and dirt inside some of the sills that needs getting at.

Didn't spend a great deal of time this afternoon, but managed to get the boot well, tailgate and petrol cap all tidied up.

A few boring before and after pics below and moving onto the rest of the car tomorrow :)

Rear floor pan 1.jpg

Rear floor pan 2.jpg

Fuel cap 1.jpg

Fuel cap 2.jpg

Boot seal 1.jpg

Boot seal 2.jpg

If it's only got 30k on the EG, I think it would be silly to use it a lot.
If I had the room and cash, it would just get cleaned, maintained and rolled out for shows.

That is amazingly clean.

I know I've been leading the K Swap brigade but like you've said it is probably too nice and clean to be ripped apart.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone, safe to say I am really pleased with her.

No, not purchased to be used as a daily and keep the mileage down on the BM, complete opposite in fact and only planning to bring the EG out now and again when the weather is good and to keep everything moving - be surprised if she does 2k in the next 12 months.

John / Ed that's pretty much where I am at the moment, keep her super clean and bring her to some shows as a completely original example - not even going to replace the standard cassette player haha.

Initial plans are:-

1) have all the little dents and scratches removed (found a company just around the corner with a brilliant rep)
2) front n/s wing and bumper ideally needs a respray
3) have her undersealed as that's where they tend to cause issues (stumbled across a company called Krown in Birmingham that's worth some more research)
4) remove the wiper arms and respray them satin black, or replace if parts can be easily sourced
5) swap the mild steel exhaust for a cat back stainless steel system, something OEM style and as a freshen up as opposed to noise (Spoon N1 for sh*ts and giggles haha)

Really nice this Pete. I love the attention to detail and going by your past history this will look even better when up to your standards.

So clean, SO Damned Clean!!! Awesome Pete, love it bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work, always enjoy seeing a factory fresh example but could never be bothered with it myself. If you're going for the clean OEM look, would you not be better going with a standard exhaust?

Nice work, always enjoy seeing a factory fresh example but could never be bothered with it myself. If you're going for the clean OEM look, would you not be better going with a standard exhaust?

Thanks mate and trust me it's not my usual style but is just too clean to start pulling her apart lol

Re the exhaust potentially mate, the only reason for considering a stainless system is due to the current mild steel system showing signs of rust so thinking of longevity really.

In for a million and one before and after shots of the most ridiculous and fastidious sections of automobile known to man. :lol:

Initial exterior deep clean, polish and wax done! actually turned out a lot better than expected, body shop chap coming over next week to quote for all the odd little bits to be tidied up.

Engine bay is next on the list for a clean.

30.05 1.jpg

30.05 2.jpg

30.05 3.jpg

30.05 4.jpg

30.05 5.jpg

So, beautifully, clean... Nice work, I wish I had the energy :p

I love the way the boot's arranged in the EG, the little plastic hinged tray/box above the spare, so much tidier than others with the carpet/chipboard rubbish, plus the bi-fold design's quite neat.

Back