• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Re: EP3 Pete's NHB EP3 255.7 BHP / 166.4 lbft

Yous all get it handy with your mots.

Government run centres here in NI, if its not rights it fails and that's that!

Lovely ep however, and try meguires tyre gel on those tyres!

That's all good news Pete, you may be right about a full warm up run to start with. A friendly MOT guy is always worth a few extra quid or two. I'm running a De Cat with a full DC Sports system from manifold back, I do have the OEM bits, but it will be a pain to swap everything over to get it through the emissions. Luckily our local garage is a friend of my missus' old man, so he "helps me out" :lol:

Cheers Darren, yeah I think a good twenty minute run beforehand would have definitely helped heat up the cat and get it performing a bit better.
Agreed mate its good to know an MOT guy who appreciates tuned cars and realises I am not the sort of guy who goes out at night pulling handbrake turns on Tesco carpark.

Yeah exactly, having to change the manifold over every year would be a serious pain in the arse so its good news you have got a local 'friendly' tester too :)

Yous all get it handy with your mots.

Government run centres here in NI, if its not rights it fails and that's that!

Lovely ep however, and try meguires tyre gel on those tyres!

Must be near impossible to run a full decat exhaust set-up your way on fella, unless you swap everything back over just to get the MOT?

Thanks mate it looks good when its clean haha, yeah the tyres definitely need some further tlc although I think a few extra coats of the Autoglym tyre spray would bring them up a treat.

I had a bit of time on my hands this morning so decided on a quick and easy job that I had been meaning to do for a while:-

28.04.13 1.jpg

I had some red primer and Milano paint left over from when I sprayed the centre console and door handle inserts, so this morning I removed the strut bar and brackets...

28.04.13 2.jpg

A couple of coats of primer and paint later left me with the above finished product, I really should have done this at day one to save me having to take the brackets back off but it was a quick job and I think it looks a lot better fitting in with the rest of the engine bay.

Brackets and brace back on the car...

28.04.13 3.jpg

Same here, although Im thinking of getting the mounts powder coated black and the bar and my intercooler pipes coated in Red.

Looks good though Pete. Lovely bay.

Same here, although Im thinking of getting the mounts powder coated black and the bar and my intercooler pipes coated in Red.

Looks good though Pete. Lovely bay.

Thanks Tom it could just do with a good clean now lol

I think the powder coating would look good mate and fit in with your black/red styling nicely, would you use Zirotec? I have seen a few photos of their work and looks top quality.

Just treated myself to a nice shiny set of these along with some new tyres, good times :)

However, my wallet now feels considerably lighter in the space of five minutes, bad times :( lol

Will get a few pics when they arrive and are fitted, fingers crossed they are delivered in time for the bank holiday weekend.

Rota.jpg

Cheers lads, I was hoping to have them by tomorrow so I could give the car a clean and fit them over the bank holiday weekend but I gave them a call this afternoon to confirm the delivery date and they are waiting on the tyres to be delivered on Tuesday. :(

I have been lazy mate and had it as a wheel and tyre package, I went for the Yokohama C Drive's, never had them before but after reading some reviews on the tinternet they get quite good reviews and were the best rated tyres of the options.

Nice Pete, I like the look of those.

Thanks Tom, it took me a while to decide which colour to go for but I am glad I settled on the black finish.

That's one of my main plans for the year crossed off the list and hopefully a few more to come over the next month or two :)

Those wheels will look great. Shame they haven't turned up when you were hoping for. It will be worth the wait though. Look forward to the pics when fitted. :)

Those wheels will look great. Shame they haven't turned up when you were hoping for. It will be worth the wait though. Look forward to the pics when fitted. :)

Thanks Paul :)

I know it was a little disappointing to find they wont be despatched until next week but on the plus side it gives me something to look forward to fitting next weekend now.

I am hoping to get the carbon bonnet and mugen grille sorted over the next few weeks too. :)

After a busy day at work which involved a 200+ mile journey in one of the company Astra's (awful gutless 1.6 engine) I came home to find Christmas has come early :)

Sorry about the poor picture quality (i-phone) and ignore my dad holding up one of the wheel's lol, I will get a couple of better pics up once they are fitted at the weekend.

rota.jpg

Back