• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Mmmm carbon. Looks great Pete. :)

You'll need to resubmit your car for a new article shortly if you carry on at this rate. That Honda Tuner article is so out of date. Lol

Nicely done Pete, looks familiar....

Thanks Tom

LOL once the grille is on the front end is going to look exactly like yours used to, I have even got the TDI decal to go on :D

Did you have any problems with the vents in the wet? on mine they have capped them off underneath but there is a small gap each side and I am thinking when it starts hammering it down if I am going to have a problem :(

Mmmm carbon. Looks great Pete. :)

You'll need to resubmit your car for a new article shortly if you carry on at this rate. That Honda Tuner article is so out of date. Lol

Cheers Paul, +1 with the Mmmm carbon comment haha.

I know tell me about it, since the feature in Honda Tuner its had the Rota's fitted, the bonnet and hopefully the grill today, their comment of an "OEM look EP3" is now definitely out of date :D

Thanks Tom

LOL once the grille is on the front end is going to look exactly like yours used to, I have even got the TDI decal to go on :D

Did you have any problems with the vents in the wet? on mine they have capped them off underneath but there is a small gap each side and I am thinking when it starts hammering it down if I am going to have a problem :(

Yeah I did have one small problem with the bonnet. The vents leaked water into the bonnet skin, it didnt leak on to the engine until the bonnet was open. It would collect at the front of the bonnet and shift when it was lifted. Pretty easy fix though, I just used my dremmel and cut 2 small slices out, one either side just to let it drain out over the front cross member.

One other thing is, when closing the bonnet, dont push on the front as you will split the lacquer as what happened with mine.

Yeah I did have one small problem with the bonnet. The vents leaked water into the bonnet skin, it didnt leak on to the engine until the bonnet was open. It would collect at the front of the bonnet and shift when it was lifted. Pretty easy fix though, I just used my dremmel and cut 2 small slices out, one either side just to let it drain out over the front cross member.

One other thing is, when closing the bonnet, dont push on the front as you will split the lacquer as what happened with mine.

At least it turned out to be a relatively easy fix mate even though it shouldnt of been an issue in the first place haha, we had some heavy rain here on Monday night and all though the water that went through the vents drained through the engine bay it looks like it misses most things and isnt going to cause too many issues (hopefully)

Yeah good tip about the bonnet latch I have been really careful not to put too much force on the edge of the bonnet :)

It's not made by Tegiwa though dude it's a Seibon re-branded :)

Car look great Pete :cool: look forward to seeing the pics with the grill fitted too

Spot on Ben as far as I am aware its a Seibon bonnet but just advertised as a Tegiwa item, whether or not its made to the same spec at Seibon's branded products I dont know but it looks the same to me :D

Thanks mate I was lazy last weekend and didnt get the grill in so this is the weekend (hopefully haha)

So after the carbon bonnet was fitted last weekend and running out of time (and to be honest effort) the plan for this weekend was to get the mugen replica grill fitted.

I had read that a number of people had just broken out the old grill and fixings when installing an aftermarket item but as it was held in pretty tight and not wanting to risk damaging the bumper itself I decided to remove the front bumper and remove the grill properly.

It was the first time I had ever needed to take off the front bumper but was amazed how easy it is to remove, literally a few clips and about four screws and the whole thing just lifts off.

Whilst the bumper was off I had a good look over the rad and its definitely due a change so that will be looked at in the near future too, with the car being 11 years old this year its good timing as the coolant change is slighty overdue now too.

The only slight problem with the fitting was the pre-drilled holes in the grill were not big enough and needed filing out a bit, I then fitted some real strong double sided tape to the underside of the grill and job done!! a few pics of the progress below:-

EP3 minus a bumper and showing that nasty looking rad in need of a change
Bumper 1.jpg
Side on view
Bumper 2.jpg
Looking sorry for itself without a grill last night with the bumper back on but the new grill needing a bit of adjusting
Empty Grill.jpg
Mugen grill all fitted and stuck down so no wind can get up underneath it
Carbon Grill 1.jpg
Job done :) well apart from ordering a small Mugen decal
Carbon Grill 2.jpg

Looking great Pete :) just needs a Honda & Mugen badge to finish it off

Where did you get the grill from mate?

Thanks Ben, yeah the Mugen badge will be ordered this week but I don't know if I will put the Honda badge back on yet.

I ordered the grill off fleabay mate, arrived real quick too - pretty sure the supplier was Altezza something or other.

Back