• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Nicely done.

I remember the first time I had to remove the door cards; took me ages as my pace rivaled that of a snail to ensure nil damage.

Thanks for all the really positive comments lads, very much appreciated!!

As you can tell I am absolutely over the moon with the end results, the condition of everything off of Ben's car is literally a credit to him and his EP3.

Finally a long overdue bit of good weather on a day I am actually off from work too, would have been rude not to give the car a good clean and buff up :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Monday 1.jpg
    Monday 1.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Monday 2.jpg
    Monday 2.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Monday 3.jpg
    Monday 3.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 1,120
  • Monday 4.jpg
    Monday 4.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Monday 5.jpg
    Monday 5.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 170
  • Monday 6.jpg
    Monday 6.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 1,112
  • Monday 8.jpg
    Monday 8.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 1,118
  • Monday 9.jpg
    Monday 9.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 171
Car looks great bud, NHB looks great when clean. How would you rate the j's racing rear strut ??

McSherryMan

Thanks Craig, agreed you cant beat NHB when clean :)

The J's rear strut is a quality made part mate, for daily driving the benefit is probably minimal but under hard driving you will find an improvement and it definitely looks the part too.

Those seats are banging Pete. Love how every upgrade is thought through on this car. All these modifications have made for a really awesome civic type r mate.

Very nice mate.

Quick one though - Does the plastic trim fit back on around the J's rear brace? Notice that you've left it off but didn't know if that was due to fitmet or what.

Epic car Pete, the JDM seats are so much better than standard ones, really need to get mine as clean as yours. What's next?

Very nice mate.

Quick one though - Does the plastic trim fit back on around the J's rear brace? Notice that you've left it off but didn't know if that was due to fitmet or what.

Thanks buddy :)

I think you would probably need to modify the trim to fit back on with the J's rear brace fitted, to be honest I never actually tried to refit it but imagine at the very least a section would need cutting out.

Epic car Pete, the JDM seats are so much better than standard ones, really need to get mine as clean as yours. What's next?

Cheers mate

Mainly just to enjoy her over the next few months, costly upgrades still to do are a Mugen rear spoiler and a big brake conversion.

Thanks buddy :)

I think you would probably need to modify the trim to fit back on with the J's rear brace fitted, to be honest I never actually tried to refit it but imagine at the very least a section would need cutting out.

Yeah this is what i was wondering.

Got a Tegifcuk one and it needs modifying. Was going to send it back if the J's one didn't.

Bit of an update this week, Will at Honda Tuner has shown an interest in publishing the civic as a feature car in a future edition of the magazine, was originally shown in the 'home grown' section back in 2013 but its quite a different car now.

No confirmation of timescales etc. yet, but I will let you know when I hear anymore.

In other news I'm booking in with Stevie at Grinspeed for a full service and all round health check for early May, so although it means spending more money on the car already at least its the important stuff this time :D

Hi buddy ain't been on here in a while how did you get over the whole not lowering your car because the exhaust hits speed bumps out of curiosity as I really want to lower the car now,did you change the b pipe?

Hi buddy ain't been on here in a while how did you get over the whole not lowering your car because the exhaust hits speed bumps out of curiosity as I really want to lower the car now,did you change the b pipe?

Sorry about the late reply mate, I've had a busy couple of months so not been able to get onto the forum as often as I'd like.

I ended up biting the bullet and lowering it on the Eibach pro kit, with still running the TDi 3" exhaust system - it does catch very slightly on some speed bumps but hasn't caused any damage to the system.

I'd go for it buddy, I'm sure you will find its not that bad and wont catch as much as you might think :)

Cheers buddy I take it you Got rid of the piper cat back, was thinking of getting a custom b pipe to see if I could get around catching it. You have done a lot since I last spoke to you fair play the car looks mint and cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back