• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pick up new CTR tomorrow

Hopefully pick up CW tomorrow! Dealer phoned me today to say it's being delivered in the morning ready to collect at teatime. Seat covers turned up from Capital Seating this morning. Bought shed loads of Meguiar's products on Saturday (converted from Autoglym after trying a few free samples). Wife wants first drive home in it while I follow in works van :( post any good excuses for her not to drive!

Hopefully pick up CW tomorrow! Dealer phoned me today to say it's being delivered in the morning ready to collect at teatime. Seat covers turned up from Capital Seating this morning. Bought shed loads of Meguiar's products on Saturday (converted from Autoglym after trying a few free samples). Wife wants first drive home in it while I follow in works van :( post any good excuses for her not to drive!

Cool, congrats, and good luck! Make sure you check everything - Ity's easy to get caught up in the hype, and forget bits and pieces out.

Whilst these may sound obvious, and I'm sure others can help/add to the list, things are easily forgotten/overlooked. ;)

* Locking Wheel Nuts
* Free Tank of Petty
* Road Tax
* Honda Happiness 7-day insurance
* Mats (If they were thrown in as part of the deal)
* Check that all the extras you paid for/were given are included (Sercvicing packages/extended warranty - whatever it is)
* Check the car for any damage/scratches that may have occured at PDI
* Check the car's oil level

Feel free to add guys.. ;)

Like I said whilst it sounds obvious, it's worth checking - becuase I actually forgot the user/instruction manual at the dealership - Due to the salesman finalising the paperwork and placing his business cards in the front pocket of the document holder... Oh, and my over-zealousness :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just say " women NO!!" Then explain you wouldn't dream of taking the moment away from her if she was to get a new Hoover or iron. Try finishing the conversation with a friendly slap on the ass and asking her to put the kettle on.

This should sort it. ;)

Just say " women NO!!" Then explain you wouldn't dream of taking the moment away from her if she was to get a new Hoover or iron. Try finishing the conversation with a friendly slap on the ass and asking her to put the kettle on.

This should sort it. ;)

This! But you might never drive the car depending on her reaction to this.

Get some pictures up once you get it :cool:

This should sort it. ;)

Nearly spat my Coffee out there. Very good.

This should sort it. ;)

Well done you! haha

:lol: My mate had the same problem, his gf said she was going to get her mate which was fair enough, as he went to go out for a quick blast 5 mins later turned out she had taken the quick car lol

But can you imagen following her home in the work van and seeing her (at best) curb the wheels or (at worst) slamming in to the back of another car!! And if your lucks anything like mine theirs will be a write off but yours will just scape through so it's 3 years of miss fitting pannels and miss matched paint :eek:

but up to you, I'm sure it'll be fine ;)

I couldn't imagine what kingskin suggests, as I don't think I could ever ever forgive the missus if she spanked my car.. Hence having never letting her drive it, other than one occasion where she drove around a car park and I told her she wasn't allowed out of second gear and I had my hand wrappe around the handbrake at the ready!! haha

Gutted, car not arrived at dealers :( Got delivered at 16.30. Promised tomorrow. Anyway, suppose it was a result in the end. Lending the wife the van tomorrow - I go to work in the part ex. Pick the car up on my own! She said she wants to go out for tea to a pub we know down some cool country roads. Thing is, do I have a few beers at the pub so she can drive back? Or do I stay on the still orange and get drunk on the thought of diving it home. Decisions decisions.

Still not got it :( Had to go down to Dumfries to sort an electrical problem another spark failed to do. I was bloody fuming - didn't get back till 19.15. Anyway I definitely collect her at 09.00 in the morning. Told my Director good and proper!

I hope it's ready for you in the morning fella, there's nothing more disappointing than finding out your new car still isn't ready...

I had mine imported and the amount of times the date got moved about was incredibly testing... but of course, it was worth the wait. ;)

Almost 2 hours ago you picked this up and still no post with lots of :D:D:D:D in it?? If you haven't VTEC'd all the petrol away by now then you're doing it wrong! :p

Good luck with your delivery I also have just purchased a CTR CW and absolutely love it. The dealer turned mine around within 24hrs from walking in off the streets to driving away in it!

Would love to hear about how you get on with yours.

At last she's arrived!!!!! Absolutely stunning. Really pleased with it. I have had loads of cars including Sub but I think out of all of them this tops the lot. Was going to come home, picture it and post it straight away - couldn't stop driving though. Haven't took it past 5 thou was really tempted. Dealer just said don't floor it for first 600m then gradually increase. Worked box up and down and drove as if family was in. Let the wife have a go she too loves it. The handling is so precise. I live in country area and the roads are superb WOW. You definitely need self control, it just wants to go go go. I can now see the addiction. Hand over at garage was great Manor Oak Honda in Perth. Guy was called Graham he explained everything in detail, car was prepared nice all bits and bobs fitted with full tank of fuel (although it's nearly all gone). Working tomorrow, wife going to work in it :( but will be out on Saturday :) :) :) :)

Nice one buddy - just you wait for that 600.1 milestone and then vtec baby!!!
You'll LOVE it!

Back