• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pick up new CTR tomorrow

At last she's arrived!!!!! Absolutely stunning. Really pleased with it. I have had loads of cars including Sub but I think out of all of them this tops the lot. Was going to come home, picture it and post it straight away - couldn't stop driving though. Haven't took it past 5 thou was really tempted. Dealer just said don't floor it for first 600m then gradually increase. Worked box up and down and drove as if family was in. Let the wife have a go she too loves it. The handling is so precise. I live in country area and the roads are superb WOW. You definitely need self control, it just wants to go go go. I can now see the addiction. Hand over at garage was great Manor Oak Honda in Perth. Guy was called Graham he explained everything in detail, car was prepared nice all bits and bobs fitted with full tank of fuel (although it's nearly all gone). Working tomorrow, wife going to work in it :( but will be out on Saturday :) :) :) :)

Glad you're loving it. When you are at 600 miles and hit VTEC for first time you will be just as excited if not more. So you have that to look forward to as well :D

At last she's arrived!!!!! Absolutely stunning. Really pleased with it. I have had loads of cars including Sub but I think out of all of them this tops the lot. Was going to come home, picture it and post it straight away - couldn't stop driving though. Haven't took it past 5 thou was really tempted. Dealer just said don't floor it for first 600m then gradually increase. Worked box up and down and drove as if family was in. Let the wife have a go she too loves it. The handling is so precise. I live in country area and the roads are superb WOW. You definitely need self control, it just wants to go go go. I can now see the addiction. Hand over at garage was great Manor Oak Honda in Perth. Guy was called Graham he explained everything in detail, car was prepared nice all bits and bobs fitted with full tank of fuel (although it's nearly all gone). Working tomorrow, wife going to work in it :( but will be out on Saturday :) :) :) :)

Get some pics up! :twisted:

Finding it really hard to hold back.The anticipation of VTEC is killing me - torture :twisted: Ride is so involving even at a snails pace.

Easy answer to that Champ White.

Who's paying for the car??.
If she is paying for it advise her that you would like to drive it home.
If you are paying for the Car (TELL) her she's testing the passenger seat out. Then be prepared to sleep in the car at night in the garage.for the first week:p

Finding it really hard to hold back.The anticipation of VTEC is killing me - torture :twisted: Ride is so involving even at a snails pace.

Don't wait, you're running the whole car in which includes all the parts in the ivtec system, imo you should vtec but maybe not take it to the redline.

Got my first stone chip on bonnet yesterday and that's without iVTEC :( Going to dealers and buying touch up in the morning. When I was driving about on Saturday, it was really windy. Couldn't believe that the CTR was not affected by it at all! Never known a car like it and I have owned nearly 60. Last car was a 4x4 and that was terrible in wind. Going to Australia next Saturday for a holiday. Already ordered a couple of bits from Honda what they don't do over here. One of them being a deflector for the bonnet. Hopefully this should cut down on the chips at the front end.

Got my first stone chip on bonnet yesterday and that's without iVTEC :( Going to dealers and buying touch up in the morning. When I was driving about on Saturday, it was really windy. Couldn't believe that the CTR was not affected by it at all! Never known a car like it and I have owned nearly 60. Last car was a 4x4 and that was terrible in wind. Going to Australia next Saturday for a holiday. Already ordered a couple of bits from Honda what they don't do over here. One of them being a deflector for the bonnet. Hopefully this should cut down on the chips at the front end.

No disrespect, but that deflector looks pansy, and I doubt it'll help with the chips, it covers about 2-3inches, maybe 4 at the front of the bonnet, the way it stands looks silly, and I have seen stone chips further up the bonnet than that also.

Personally advise against that mate, your call though

Congratulations, on finally picking her up! :cool:

Well guys that's that. Came home from work, had a couple of hours with the kids. Ate my tea, went into the garage and admired my new purchase. Wife had a day off today - done 70 Bl*$dy miles. Weren't many flies and no more stone chips on the bonnet. Couldn't resist could I? Thought i'd have a nice little relaxing drive on some local roads then......it happened :twisted: took your advice Neily03. Used the VTEC :evil: I didn't redline it just gradually (if you can call it gradually) worked my way up to about 6.5 / 7 thousand revs. Put a huge smile on my face :D It was just being like out on my bike. Loads better than a turbo absolutely love the thing - still laughing now!! Went through a nice chicane I know, then doubled back on a roundabout. Really made my day.

Pics of my car - love it

Attachments

• REAR R.jpg
    REAR R.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 33
  • MY R DRIVE.jpg
    MY R DRIVE.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 38
  • MY R SEATS.jpg
    MY R SEATS.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 38
  • Low Front R.JPG