• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Polish

Hi guys. I've had my CTR for a week and i washed it on the week end. didn't know what polish to use so i went to my local motor shop called motor aids. Asking the worker what is the best stuff for a black car as my civic is nighthawk black. He recommended turtle wax ice. absolutely amazing stuff. makes the car shine like it's just come out of the showroom and you can use it in direct sunlight!

Any pics?

If you decide to change polishes. I'd go for AG SRP via hand. Great stuff that contains fillers, and does add a bit of protection.

I've never used this, but I have seen the results on other cars, and to be honest, I didn't like what I saw. On the two cars I have seen it used on, they looked very 'hazy'. This may well be down to how it was used. But by the looks of it, it could be hard work.

Hatton, would you say that it seemed to be hologrammes in the sun? This would be due to the polish not breaking down before being wiped off. Which is often the case with the cheaper polishes.

Hatton, would you say that it seemed to be hologrammes in the sun? This would be due to the polish not breaking down before being wiped off. Which is often the case with the cheaper polishes.

Exaclty Joe.
Not good!

Auto glym do a polish made for dark cars and its really good.:smt038 I used it when i worked for mercedes valating for them and i use it now on my ctr. Cant think whats its called il have a look and let you know.

I will have some pics up shortly. I did take some after i had finished spending a few hours cleaning it. Have yet to upload them.

Auto glym do a polish made for dark cars and its really good.:smt038 I used it when i worked for mercedes valating for them and i use it now on my ctr. Cant think whats its called il have a look and let you know.

Ultra Deep shine :)

Can be good. SRP does more, for less though IMO.

I used the AG SRP and then the EGP applied by pads and removed by microfibre. First time I had used it and results are amazing, the car has done nearly 200 miles since last saturday and its still mirror like.

SRP is a bitch on the trim though that's why I never recommend it.

The Megs NXT is better finish by hand anyhow IMO.

Can't comment on the SRP on the trim as it has not happened to me. Would imagine some back to black or similar would retify

I used SRP for the first time today as Si was using the PC, I was amazed at the results :cool:

SRP will come off the trim, quite easily in fact.

Tire / bumper gel will only cover it up.

APC will remove it, at even 10:1

Yes an APC will but the poster said a trim dresser would take it off.

Back