• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Poorly EP3 Rolling road result!!

Here's a muppet question (sorry for hijacking) - what do you do at a rolling road? Like once the car's strapped and connected up, what happens in terms of "driving" it? I'm going to one tomorrow and don't want to be a total n00blet :lol:

Yes the employee of the RR with drive the engine, usually in 4th IIRC and run it all the way to the limiter, then if tunning, adjust the fueling on the ECU and do another run. Mine did about 12 runs I think and was finished.

The fans are loud !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What exhaust and intake are you running Hoydonk? i made 212 on mine with just intake and exhaust

Magnex :( and AEM V2 :( both cheap and second hand so suppose I can't complain.

Not sure what I'm making now expect it to be about 220 bhp.

i have a eam v2 and dc sport catback and made 212@ power station, i thought if i decat it, and get dc sports mani with kpro. what would i be looking at?? im guessing around 230ish?

can anyone tell me if i am wright?

jacob

Magnex :( and AEM V2 :( both cheap and second hand so suppose I can't complain.

I made 203.9bhp with them fitted (though I have suspicions the exhaust isn't a Magnex). Graph coming to the relevant thread soon...

So with KPro I'd be paying 100s of notes for about 15hp? :evil:

I made 203.9bhp with them fitted (though I have suspicions the exhaust isn't a Magnex). Graph coming to the relevant thread soon...

So with KPro I'd be paying 100s of notes for about 15hp? :evil:

NO, with KPro you get a much better drive, lower VTEC point, higher limiter point, mid range torque VASTLY improved. Better MPG. Like I said before it pays for itself in the end.

Regardless of the peak power figure the drive after a KPro remap is such a positive difference.

alright suits have you got your car kprod?

jacob

Yes mate, well, I have the K100 ECU, but the car is mapped on a KPro then uploaded to the K100.

K100 is just a Kpro without the self mapping option, I have to take it to a tuner to map basically.

Someone said about the top gear challenge.

They also did one with a Renault espace type thing, put new suspension on etc. They did a dyno and it was down on power. from the quoted figure.

Yeah i know the k100. i am savong up for kpro and dc sports mani at the moment. you are going to have take me on a quick spin round in yours sunday mate. i have to fell the difference from mine.

Found this on youtube, think the guy has Kpro, spoon exhaust, Gruppe M and Toda header :cool:

[video=youtube;2NJOtrO6OCA]old link autoupdated[/video]

Sounds like 4th gear and an early change in to 5th :smt047

Yeah i know the k100. i am savong up for kpro and dc sports mani at the moment. you are going to have take me on a quick spin round in yours sunday mate. i have to fell the difference from mine.

:lol:

Sorry mate, its likley ill be coming down in the Mrs 206, save on petrol FTW.

But yeah sure if I end up in the CTR you can have a go ;) .

Someone said about the top gear challenge.

They also did one with a Renault espace type thing, put new suspension on etc. They did a dyno and it was down on power. from the quoted figure.

They cheated on that, they actually had the V6 from a clio fitted in it prior to all the test. Torque of the devil in uxbridge actually did all the work.

Sorry to jump on the band wagon had mine on a rolling rd about 4yrs ago, it made 188bhp std with about 35000 miles on the clock. than had a spoon throttle body & tannabe exhaust fitted. rolling rd again at the same place went down to 176bhp :( since then had mugen twinloop & airbox & it just seems to fly now. i would not worry about the bhp mate just have fun driving it :twisted:

They cheated on that, they actually had the V6 from a clio fitted in it prior to all the test. Torque of the devil in uxbridge actually did all the work.

I think the Espace came out in a v6 too.

IIRC, on TG it dyno'd at 160 first time round and then with the 'proper' service done by James May, while they left him over night, but promised to buy him a bag of chips, dyno'd close to 200 which is what it came out the factory with.

What work do you mean? The conversion to a v6 or the servicing? Engine wise, I think the main difference on the TG challenge out of all they done was the jets. When these become clogged the difference is like night and day. Also, air filter n fuel filter are things that restrict power. You wont really feel it unless in the know but they will be doing their bit to lower the bhp.

All this talk of valve clearances. I'm sure everyone knows what they are talking about but why would people be doing their own valve clearances on a modern engine, or on any engine for that matter? Do your local garages not do them when they are due? Do you like adjusting them more often? Are you not happy with the clearances the manufacturer use? Changed cams and wanting to keep the valves open longer or re-time the engine? Or is it that people just like to get their hands a little dirty but over involved? Yes they can make a hell of a difference if neglected and/ or never adjusted but if you don't know what your doing and make the slightest mistake........... That can be seizure territory. Bear that in mind.

Back