• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Potential FK2 owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told that it does not get turned off. Even if the cars are on the 12 month service plan they should still be popping up with A/B service alerts.

An unrelated question to servicing. I would like a floor lighting kit. I noticed that Honda have their own kits and wondered if you recommend getting that one fitted?

No :) they're crap
For some unknown reason Honda fitted these as standard to non GTs & GT owners had to pay (they oddly removed this option from the original spec sheet when GT owners questioned them missing)
Purchase ricks on here, remote dimming, much brighter & easy to fit

I was told that it does not get turned off. Even if the cars are on the 12 month service plan they should still be popping up with A/B service alerts.

Again not true, there's a section in the service book that the dealer has to stamp & sign that the variable service has been disabled & 12mth services are only required, BUT they should run that option by the owner.
When I queried why mine hadn't been reset after the service, the service manager said "oh we usually switch them off" so going by that & from others it seems some dealers will switch them off, which is wrong if I'm honest

Again not true, there's a section in the service book that the dealer has to stamp & sign that the variable service has been disabled & 12mth services are only required, BUT they should run that option by the owner.
When I queried why mine hadn't been reset after the service, the service manager said "oh we usually switch them off" so going by that & from others it seems some dealers will switch them off, which is wrong if I'm honest

I will go over this on Saturday when I collect the car. Are you saying that there is no way to reverse the process and switch it back to variable once the dealer has turned the car into 12 month service mode?

When you say you queried why it hadn't been switched off, do you mean you took it in for a service and they did not turn off the dash alert?

Surely Honda have done the research and wouldn't switch a car to 12 month from variable if it caused issues. They are the ones that have to repair the car under warranty if the car fails due to the dealer changing the service pattern?

Expensive for what they are. We sell them and they are brighter and with the dimmer, mire flexible!

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=93252

Looking at the ebay it it suggests that this kit simply sticks under the dash and uses scotch locks to attach to existing wires. Has anyone had any warranty issues after tampering with the wiring?

It also says they come on with the side lights. Is there a way to disable the lights if you dont want them on or does the kit have to be removed? I would like the kit for a bit of fun but would want to turn them off on long night drives for example.

I will go over this on Saturday when I collect the car. Are you saying that there is no way to reverse the process and switch it back to variable once the dealer has turned the car into 12 month service mode?

When you say you queried why it hadn't been switched off, do you mean you took it in for a service and they did not turn off the dash alert?

Surely Honda have done the research and wouldn't switch a car to 12 month from variable if it caused issues. They are the ones that have to repair the car under warranty if the car fails due to the dealer changing the service pattern?

The problem is a lot of dealers seem to be incapable of following Honda UK's instructions on the servicing. Dealers are franchises and aren't directly owned by Honda UK. It's not likely to catastrophically fail after 3 years by being under serviced, but it won't be in good health and certainly won't help its longevity.

I really don't understand the dealer confusion with it, you just service the car according to what it is indicating it needs. The car does actually indicate what it needs, then all the usual checks on belts, fluid levels, paint, tyres and bushes again as indicated in each A/B etc service schedule as listed in the manual.

When Dweezle took his car to the dealers they gave it back to him with it still showing Service A as being due. :roll:

There is no way to put the car back on variable servicing after it has been switched to fixed interval.
Looking at the ebay it it suggests that this kit simply sticks under the dash and uses scotch locks to attach to existing wires. Has anyone had any warranty issues after tampering with the wiring?

It also says they come on with the side lights. Is there a way to disable the lights if you dont want them on or does the kit have to be removed? I would like the kit for a bit of fun but would want to turn them off on long night drives for example.
The kit doesn't use scotch locks on the 9th Gen CTR, it clips onto the option socket and is completely removable without the need to cut or splice wires.

I took mine in for its 1st yr service, (was coming up to its 1st yr and my dealer sent me a reminder in the post) so I booked it in.
My A service was still showing around 2900 miles (he shouldn't have but the dealer did the oil & filter), I wasn't bothered as it saved me from another 3hrs trip later on.
It wasn't until the next few days I realised they hadn't reset the service reminder so I rang them up, (manager actually serviced mine) he was surprised variable was still active, & then told me A probably means pollen filter & to ignore it, & then gave me the go ahead to reset it myself (easily done via the vehicle info menu) once I ok'd reset the reminder switched to B & has been counting down since.
Until A reappears I won't know if mine is still active, but from what I gather it can only be deactivated in shop using their OBD thingy.

There's been confusion since day one regarding variable services & what's included in service plans, different dealers contradicting each other, dealers sending out yrly reminders.
It also gets confusing reading different posts, once you get the car & the manual it will make more sense to you, I would guess variable servicing is new to most owners so it can take a while to fully get the gist of it

The kit doesn't use scotch locks on the 9th Gen CTR, it clips onto the option socket and is completely removable without the need to cut or splice wires.

That sounds perfect. I'll take one. Messaged you :)

I am worried about buying the car now. There are surely going to be lots of FK2's on the 12 month service plan if dealers are defaulting to it.

The one you're looking at won't have been serviced yet, you'll be fine.

The one you're looking at won't have been serviced yet, you'll be fine.

It's done 5,200 miles. Do you think I may have got away with it. I guess I'll find out in the morning when I see the owners book. Worst case I just service it every 6 months.

You shouldn't have anything to worry about, I'm a huge OCD worrier so my posts probably haven't helped :)

All I would do for peace of mind is ask them before signing if the variable service is still active & hasn't been deactivated, as you would prefer the car with it.
You'll probably get a load of twaddle but the forums know more :)

Great news guys. Picked up the car and variable services has not been switched off. Currently counting down from 3,600 miles to the next A service :)

WOW what a car. Its lovely on the open road and awesome when you want to open it up a little. I absolutely love it!

Currently taking it easy and getting my head around the array of bells and whistles these cars have. Absolutely amazed at how the auto lights know when to switch on full beam and off when a glimpse of car comes into view. Its all a bit like magic really.

Had a scare with an alert that was coming up when cornering hard which turned out to be a lane warning which is now off (hands on a wheel appears on the info screen with a few beeps)

So many features to learn about.

Anyway here it is:

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp298/TiMtImInYtImTiM/IMG_1577_zpsjcqws3ww.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp298/TiMtImInYtImTiM/IMG_1576_zpslr4fmsvb.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp298/TiMtImInYtImTiM/IMG_1575_zpssvjycux3.jpg

Where do you guys have your CTRO stickers, cant think of where to put mine.

And lastly. Thinking about a private plate. What are your thoughts on a plate starting 'FK02 ***'. I thought it would worked well.

Very nice and yes they are awesome cars, enjoy ;)

Had my private plate on my Teg DC5 then on my FD2 and lastly on the FK2.

Try one with K20***
Here's mine - cheap as chips

IMG_0455 by ron good, on Flickr

T.G.

CTRO sticker, sacrilege :)
Looks good :twisted:
The auto lights are good but can be a pain, they don't detect oncoming traffic far enough so you'll get a few flashes,
The best info screen to keep on is your temps & pressures, bring up your G force screen & hold down i this will give you the same screen as +R mode without going in to R mode

CTRO sticker, sacrilege :)
Looks good :twisted:
The auto lights are good but can be a pain, they don't detect oncoming traffic far enough so you'll get a few flashes,
The best info screen to keep on is your temps & pressures, bring up your G force screen & hold down i this will give you the same screen as +R mode without going in to R mode

Do you guys not advertise this forum on your cars then?

Didnt know you do that with the +R screen so thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back