• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Premier Type R

A5H

Just wondering what youd expect to pay for an EP3 premier edition type r with 40-50k on the clock

Cheers

Saw that mate, very nice motor. Thats a bit out of my price range to be honest!

I was wondering what i could pick up on budget of £7,000 - £7.500

as above ash, that is a great example. you'd expect to pay 8 to 8500 dependant on condition.

Thanks Rossy,

looks like ill have to go for a non premium edition model then,

If the bloody insurance wasnt 1k would to play with

you can get premiers for 7750 area, but the mileage will be certainly higher than your 40-50K, (remember to budget for a clutch once its done 60k+). or it will be a cat d being sold in bradford.

i would just get a non prem. all you're getting is 3/4 tints and that rediculously red interior. plus a couple of other gimmicks.

cheers.

Rossy,

I wasnt aware about the clutch issues on the CTR, so your saying they usually go after 60k+ mileage? whats the usual costs involved in the replacement?

Id hope could pick up a nice 54 plate for around the £7k mark with pretty good milage on it if i waited and looked around

Cheers

The CTR doesn't have clutch issues as such (They can 'whir' when cold, on a cold morning - but nothing ongoingly serious AFAIK). The car's party piece/form of enjoyment comes from shifting/downshifting. This will naturally deem the clutch susceptible to wear, as you'd expect.

I was lead to believe that an OEM clutch is around £200 or so.. highly doubt that is fitted price.

Perhaps not a Prem, but I think it is very possible to pick up something tidy for approx. £7k with good mileage - patience is the biggest key.

Don't be afraid to buy from an enthusaist: Whilst they will enjoy the car, they will almost certainly have maintained it to the highest standard - that said don't confuse Chav's for Enthusiasts and vice-a-versa.. two very different types, with very different ideas of what you're likely to get for a "Mint example".

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice mate

I wont be buying for a while, waiting for insurance renewal and 21st at the moment then will seriously start searching. Wanted one for such a long time now!

You would be able to pick up a normal edition for 7k with low mileage easy i bought mine 2/3 months ago for its a late 04 would be a 54 plate if on the mainland it had 31k and all the AC and Fogs lol

Thats a good price for that mate, cosmic grey is the colour im after too!

Was it standard when you bought it?

Think itll take a while to find the right one but will definately be worth the wait!

Yeah it was has full honda service history and its mint no stone chips on the front which is allways a good sign lol . If you dont rush into buying one, one will come up at the price u want

Not always mate, could be signs of a cover up, front end prang, new bumper etc....

These cars are notorious for getting stone chips.

Na i checked for accident damage there’s no sign of any is is a couple of nicks in the lacquer but no proper chips that have gone right through

The CTR doesn't have clutch issues as such (They can 'whir' when cold, on a cold morning - but nothing ongoingly serious AFAIK).

Apologies for the thread hijack...My FN2 has a bit of a whir/screech issue when pulling off in 1st on cold/damp mornings.
Did yours do this before you joined the darkside?

Na i checked for accident damage there’s no sign of any is is a couple of nicks in the lacquer but no proper chips that have gone right through

I wasn't having a pop at your car mate, I was just saying that just because it doest have a few stonechips on it doesnt mean its a good car.

I wasn't having a pop at your car mate, I was just saying that just because it doest have a few stonechips on it doesnt mean its a good car.

Yeah i know im just saying that if you turn up to look at a car and the fronts peppered in stone chips in normally means its been sat up the ass of another car at about 80 and quite a few occasions :lol:

Back