• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

prices starting to creep back up/hold stable?

since buying my ep3 in november 2010 the arse end fell out of the price of them, but recently they seem to be fetching a bit more value (or at least people are generally asking for more money).

anyone else noticed/think the prices are starting to creep back up slightly?

The facelifts are holding good money, but some of the Pre-face moon milers on ebay are going for £1800 now. These are generally bought by turds and killed by oil starvation.

Fortunately, there aren't that many for sale near me going for stupid prices.
Anyone who buys a CTR for less than £3000, has either got one with mega miles or it's not the best example.

From experience and looking around, there always seems to be something wrong with them sub £3k.....it may just be me being mega picky though. I like to think my 52 is a very good example of a CTR, but I'm not under any illusions about book prices etc etc. When I sell, I will put it up for what I think is a fair price though.

DC5s are getting on a bit but they still demand a fairly high price tag, and DC2s for that matter.

On that vein, I've seen a few EK9s up for sale recently with asking prices north of £8k. :picardfp:

I would be interested to see how low a p/x price I would be offered for mine. 109,000+ miles and the bodywork to show it.

I would be interested to see how low a p/x price I would be offered for mine. 109,000+ miles and the bodywork to show it.

i try not to think about that too much, mine is nearing 155,000 miles! :lol: Not in bad condition though.

i try not to think about that too much, mine is nearing 155,000 miles! :lol: Not in bad condition though.

I'm the same, unless there's any drastic changes in my life I'll just keep it until it dies probably. It owes me nothing, it's worth less than that and it still makes me smile.

I was thinking more along the lines of £3k is a pretty low offer for a 2005 Type R, even on 80k!

On a similar vein, anyone got any idea what i could expect to be offered part ex for my 2008 Type R early next year? It will be on roughly 55k!

I was thinking more along the lines of £3k is a pretty low offer for a 2005 Type R, even on 80k!

On a similar vein, anyone got any idea what i could expect to be offered part ex for my 2008 Type R early next year? It will be on roughly 55k!

Just downloaded an iPhone app that's says £6500 at 55k! Anyone think that is fairly accurate?

I accepted £5,600 px on my 57 plate on 54k a couple of weeks ago. The car I bought was relatively cheap in comparison to others for sale though, so it is all swings and roundabouts. Higher trade in price means you are less likely to get a discount off the screen price.

The highest offer I got px was £6,000 but that garage were desperate to sell their car, it was a bit of a dog so I walked away.

I think you'd be lucky to get £6,500 on a private sale if I'm honest, nevermind part exchange.

I accepted £5,600 px on my 57 plate on 54k a couple of weeks ago. The car I bought was relatively cheap in comparison to others for sale though, so it is all swings and roundabouts. Higher trade in price means you are less likely to get a discount off the screen price.

The highest offer I got px was £6,000 but that garage were desperate to sell their car, it was a bit of a dog so I walked away.

I think you'd be lucky to get £6,500 on a private sale if I'm honest, nevermind part exchange.

That represents a pretty disappointing drop in value for 12 months of ownership for me! I don't think I really overpaid either! Perhaps I'll hang on to it until early 2015 and put a bit of cash aside!

Its difficult to know what the smartest thing to do is really!

There was a link on www.honda.co.uk web site which gives a complimentary link to a CAP guide valuation.
Used it a month or so to value my wife's astra vxr before selling. The value given was quite low and seemed to match the value for an example in "average" condition when in reality it was immaculate. If your car is clean enough to put straight on the forecourt, add at least 5% to the top value given in my opinion although it always depends on what you are buying off them (cost to change etc)

Back