• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Private plate

Yep mine where metal to but they screwed them on even though i asked for them to be stuck on

What did you go for in the end,
I've just realised the final part can be done instantly online. I need to get some plates sorted 1st, going 13x7 on the rear but not sure whether to do the same on the front

What did you go for in the end,
I've just realised the final part can be done instantly online. I need to get some plates sorted 1st, going 13x7 on the rear but not sure whether to do the same on the front

I am also thinking of going to a Jap sized plate. They look great on the FK2. I ended up just going personal (S27 TGB). I almost went for FK02 TGB. Takes a few minutes and you can print off the form to go and get your plates the same day :)

I was going to order online who wanted 3 forms of proof/ID which I wasn't keen on doing, but I've just found a seller on eBay offering the same plates with no proof/ID necessary

What are the measurements for a Jap style plate? I have found a few sites offering them but there are multiple size options.

305x152
330x152
330x165 (I think it is this one)
330x172

Which one are you guys going for?

I've just enquired about import plates, this company can make plates to how you want them.
I asked them what font size they use on import plates as mine is non import so would require the legal font size.
They're reply was "as your car isn't an import, you will have to have standard plates", from what I can make out from the dvla a number plate has to have the correct size font & spacings, no moving around digits & no making digits to look like another, no mention of plate sizes.
I know 79mm font will be tight on import plates, it's just finding the right size plate without looking stupid

I ordered a rear plate off eBay which claims it is both Jap style and has the legal uk lettering i'll let you know how I get on with it.

What are the measurements for a Jap style plate? I have found a few sites offering them but there are multiple size options.

305x152
330x152
330x165 (I think it is this one)
330x172

Which one are you guys going for?

I've come to the same conclusion when ordering a pair of plates today, same as what you think.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-22%20at%2016.01.57_zpslboumlgy.jpg

Mugen no. plate bolts add extra 0.0000001bhp for the OCD owners out there....

Like these but on the FK2 the bolts are in the centre of the plate so no good.

So my new rear plate turned up and the letting is definitely smaller. So not legal i would have thought. Are Jap number plates all smaller lettering? Guess you get away with it if the car is an import.

64mm import sizes, 79mm uk
I've been awaiting your update :),
I had a template made up of a 13x7 plate but the legal lettering won't fit, I tried a 13x8 today lettering should just squeeze on but 8" doesn't look right on the rear.

Its also a struggle finding import surrounds, to get around the front holes being central, I've seen plastic trailer plate clamps but they don't extend that high

Last edited by a moderator:
64mm import sizes, 79mm uk
I've been awaiting your update :),
I had a template made up of a 13x7 plate but the legal lettering won't fit, I tried a 13x8 today lettering should just squeeze on but 8" doesn't look right on the rear.

Its also a struggle finding import surrounds, to get around the front holes being central, I've seen plastic trailer plate clamps but they don't extend that high

So we are stuck with standard uk sized plates then. Or run the risk of being pulled over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All depends, I've seen & read civics using import plates with no worries even with MOT's, but I've also read owners being pulled regularly, BUT :) I've also read import cars being pulled & told they're illegal.

I ordered 13x7 last night so I'm going to risk i, I only use it for commute & I'm in the sticks so hopefully be ok

Last edited by a moderator:
So we are stuck with standard uk sized plates then. Or run the risk of being pulled over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hampshire constabulary were on my case for my front plate a while ago.. took them on a drive around the ring road from oakridgistan/popbul knowing full well they were going to pull me .. lights came on and tugged at the vauxhall / BP.

Yours would of been ok though, or did they argue it.
I don't get the issue, 64mm is legal in the uk on imports yet non imports have to have 79mm, its not like the digits have been rearranged

Back