• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Proud DC5 Owner!!! Youngest owner?

The car is insured with me as the main driver and my mum as an additional driver :p
Have a look on instagram for pics of the car 'ant1723'
Took the car round snetterton track on Tuesday and it was fantastic!
Puts such a smile on my face :D

a117626e.jpg
[/IMG]
38870483.jpg
[/IMG]
44e0cd40.jpg
[/IMG]
f045c4b2.jpg
[/IMG]
321c4858.jpg
[/IMG]

it was £2770 fully comp buddy :)
yeah Red is my favourite colour, and there is not a single mark on her :)

Fab car! The younger the better! As long as it doesn't bleed you dry.

Is it considerably more to insure DC5 compared to EP3? I've always wanted to buy a dc5.

For my ep3 at 21 I paid £650.

Looks a beaut! You lucky sod! :D

& redcivic, put it this way, im paying £1300 for my ep3 & I was refused insurance on a dc5 when I had a quick check. :lol: So must be a fair difference. Im 26 with 5 years no claims coming up to 6, no previous claims (didnt start driving till later in life) & 3 points from 5 years ago. I reckon mines excessive compared to most on here though. Think its because I live in Scummy Sheff :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
You and me both mfnick, I'm 25, 5 years NCB (8 years driving) - clean licence no claims etc came in just under £1k. I'm blaming scousers.

Nice car mate :cool: DC5 at 19 is crazy but you only live once so why the hell not!
Looks an absolute minter to be fair

for a while i was struggling to get an insurance quote full stop. but like i said we used the other 6 cars in the household as a kind of barganing tool, i was expecting the quote to be around 4k... but at like the last minuite i managed to get that quote out of them (Elephant)
Just got back from taking it for a spin and its not alot of fun in the wet haha....

We have got a Admiral multicar policy at home and the savings are fantastic, they are really cheap with declaring modifications too.
I just renewed mine a few weeks back and it was £705 fully comp for my EP3 CTR (all mods declared) but I am 23 now.

I paid £1400 when I was 19 for my 1.6 Polo GTI and I thought that was steep lol
If you can afford to pay the insurance then that's all that matters at the end of the day

yeah i found that they were really helpful with getting me a quote :D elephant and admiral are the same company...
rather be insured by them than adrian flux from what i have heard about them in the past :s

yeah i found that they were really helpful with getting me a quote :D elephant and admiral are the same company...
rather be insured by them than adrian flux from what i have heard about them in the past :s

I'm with Adrian Flux, no issues here. Just make sure you dont have an accident whilst with Elephant though.

I paid £1400 when I was 19 for my 1.6 Polo GTI and I thought that was steep lol

I paid that on a Punto 1.2 8v when i was 19!! lol

Car looks awesome mate... your going to make alot of 19 year olds very jealous :)

who's is the EP3???

Have had it for a total of 3 days now and it's simply Fantastic!
Everything is so tight and just like new!
It's a Red DC5 with 21k... The car is immaculate!
So glad I got it, even though insurance is a bit of a killer!! :0
Youngest DC5 owner in the Uk possibly? Am 19... 20 in february :)
Will upload some pictures when Im not on my phone :D

Hhahah I'm 17 and have an ep3

Back