• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Quality issues

check the mileage when it comes back mate....that 2 mins has strange tendencies to come back as 20...!

No fear on that, took a photo when I dropped it off (always do!). 3 miles they did which is fine - they wanted to check the alignment fix.

funny you say that as my Honda dealer said he can't do alignment on my car either, their machine which was only 2 years old and cost 1000s he said, yet could only align wheels up-to 19".

so any FK8 or NSX that comes in they have to drive to a local Kwik Fit (shudder at the thought of this!)

There were some basic adjustments they could make which they've done and the steering wheel is perfectly aligned and drives straight, so I'm happy with that.

They sorted the paint blemish too with a good polish. Said the wheel nuts will be a formality as no argument, but they need to send off the pics before replacing.

My infotainment packed up today, turned it on and off fixed it.

This this this.
Most customers cry when their infotainment system has the odd tilt. Yet when their computer or smart phone plays up (probably more frequently) I don’t see them banging on the door of Apple or Samsung.

check the mileage when it comes back mate....that 2 mins has strange tendencies to come back as 20...!

It's nice not to have to worry about that with the service dongle.

Shows me exactly where the car is/went/etc..

No way of denying it if they did ever take mine for a jaunt. :)

Just piping in on the wheel alignment aspect; I wouldn't be so shocked at Honda not having the capability. Some of you may remember my experience with my Dad's last GT-R and the damaged RAYS; well that came about because none of the approved GT-R centres in the South (there's only three of them and supposedly the flagship venues for Nissan) have the ability to offer alignment or replace tyres on their flagship model. Instead the jobs are palmed off to third parties. Something most customers are not aware of I'm sure, as the only reason I knew is because due to the value of the RAYS I wanted to be present. Turned up at Nissan and was given directions to a local National Tyres depot!

End result for those who aren't aware of my turmoil was that they destroyed all four of the RAYS plus two of the OEM wheels (as was having eight tyres fitted plus alignment). A huge back and forth with their regional manager eventually resulted in a claim for over £10k being authorised to replace everything that was damaged.

Another shocking aspect, albeit minimal in comparison, is that Nissan state that the tyres have to be filled with nitrogen at all times in order to not void the warranty; yet their flagship centre sends ALL R35 vehicles to a tyre shop that has no nitrogen facilities and refills with air... :freak:

that story has given me cold sweats!!! All four RAYS??!!!!!! Do you have a link to a thread at all would be interested to read ( I like horror movies)

Kwik fit sha4gged my Mk6 GTI diamond cut wheel, got absolutely no where, but car was going back so that was that

Off to Dream for my tyre changes for dammmm sure...

Jeez, I remember that Karl. The idiocy to damage one and then just crack on and do the same to the rest is almost impressive.

The tyre place in Cardiff is slap bang in the middle of all the car dealers, they handle everything from Ford to Aston Martin, so the risk for major claims like yours is huge. Luckily being independent and having that fear factor means they're alright by all accounts. Always took my past Type Rs there, so had Honda sent it there I'd have been ok with it (ish).

That said, I still checked all four before I left the dealer, even though they hadn't removed them or taken car anywhere!

I had the taillights (position) fuse blow, within 4 hours of picking up. Sure it's just one of those things but will get it checked out.

I need to check the driver door seals as there is a great deal of wind noise... That's about it for now..

Jeez, I remember that Karl. The idiocy to damage one and then just crack on and do the same to the rest is almost impressive.

This is what gets me the most, the dude doing it didn't think "sh1t I've screwed one up not touching these' he thought "practise makes perfect will get the next one right....oh Sh1t I am out of wheels....."

My 26/09/17 registered demo (bought 15/02/18 @ 250 miles) was taken back to my local dealer today to investigate a couple of rattles from the front end nearside and to make a warranty claim for rusting wheel nuts.

The rattles are not a big deal TBH (turn the radio or engine noise up!) but hopefully they will get sorted after a follow up visit and loan car whilst they trial and error the fault. Photos were taken of the rusting wheel nuts which seems to be a recurring problem - I'll be persuading them to replace with the black ones if they try to replace with like for like standard cr@p.

I don't consider it to be Honda problem - I've had similar issues with other brands that like to consider themselves upper premium.

The good thing is that none of the above stops me enjoying the car because it's fantastic even with minor issues.

Mines in the dealer today getting the light up scuff plates fitted and the rusting wheel nuts. As I’ve already said I’ve had mine since October and first noticed the wheel nuts at 330 miles. Now only done 550 and they’re getting worse. So when the claim goes through I’m going to see if they’ll changed them for black ones.

Back