• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Quality issues

My 26/09/17 registered demo (bought 15/02/18 @ 250 miles) was taken back to my local dealer today to investigate a couple of rattles from the front end nearside and to make a warranty claim for rusting wheel nuts.

Rusty nuts here too. :( anyone "not" got rusty nuts?

when you folk who have had them replaced by Honda for the black ones have they been kind enough to replace the black lock nuts as well as the non-locking lugs?

nope my nuts are crabs free......some components on the suspension that had a chrome finish now look like they have been dug up, but hope that's nothing to worry about. I plan to wheels off in the spring for a clean up so will address it then

The dealer has taken pics and putting a cliam in. Once they give the go ahead I’m trying for black ones.

Honda have accepted the nuts claim. Wait until April as they’re on back order, I wonder why!

I’ve asked for black ones, but doubtful that’ll happen.

Mines going in on the 11th of April to get the nuts changed..but they won’t let me change to black ones.

My new Type R seems overall much better put together than the old one - far fewer rattles in the interior. Only problem is there is a squeak from the rear suspension that needs to get sorted out

Hi,
Has anyone had a problem with the bonnet latch?
It says in bible to drop from around 8 inch to close bonnet I have to physically throw it down with force to close.
:(

Yeah, I struggled to close my bonnet the first time I opened it, however I did then drop from height and it closed no problem, it just seems to a violent way to close the bonnet, but it does kind of say that what you need to do in the book...

or is it a gravity drop, then a firm push to lock it once its caught the mechanismm...? I cant remember, not been under their much..

You should avoid pushing on any bonnet, because the metal is so thin nowadays there is a risk of damaging it.
I wouldn't do it.....not even with palms of my hands.
Bonnets are designed to be dropped into place.
I check my oil every couple of weeks (when i remember) and most times the bonnet latches shut fine....but there was one time when it didn't so I dropped it from a slightly higher height.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Has anyone had a problem with the bonnet latch?
It says in bible to drop from around 8 inch to close bonnet I have to physically throw it down with force to close.
:(

Interesting..mine won't close without a push. Will have to get it looked at

It's a lightweight bonnet so needs to be dropped from higher than normal. Mine's the same, but no issues once dropped from a decent height.

Back