• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

R77DVR/Ry's Silver EP3 Type R

Further to my "newbie" post I thought I'd start up a Car/progress thread.

I picked up my Silver EP3 this Sunday just gone.

It was my first experience of an EP3 and wasn't sure how it would compare to my Astra VXR which is pretty special and rather modded.

They are 2 very different cars and although the EP3 doesn't have the boost and torque the VXR has I have been in no way disappointed with the performance the Type R offers!

I'm short on pics at the moment and the car is relatively standard. It has had the benefit of having Vibra Technics engine mounts fitted and some RCA's and a good full alignment set up. As a 100k mile it feels good.

Although the clutch has seen better days so I've already got a new genuine clutch kit on order from Tegiwa as well as a HEL clutch line to throw in.

Mats are a bit rough so new genuine mats in order to along with some other dressy bits to tidy things up.

Plans at the moment are to just get the clutch sorted, nice interior tidy up and refresh and some paint work due to lacquer peel.

Once I start getting stuff sorted I'll add more pics

431526834b8b36a21e2c7a12e4d40e94.jpg

5fb830b2a2bc700637bf38858e1368c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good :) The HEL lines can apparently be a bit hit-or-miss (quality of fitting), many seem to recommend Goodridge hoses if you can get them.

How does the handling compare to the VXR?

Looking good :) The HEL lines can apparently be a bit hit-or-miss (quality of fitting), many seem to recommend Goodridge hoses if you can get them.

How does the handling compare to the VXR?

Uhhhh that's not good to know.

I've ran 2 sets of HEL brake lines on 2 VXRs now so thought I'd be ok with the quality. We will see how my chap gets on who's fitting it all for me.

Handling its much better as a standard-ish car vs the VXR as a standard car and even a few upgrades. It's not quite on par with mine yet as that's running a Whiteline RARB and Bilstein B14 Coilovers so it's pretty sorted but the Type R definitely has potential and it's just loads of fun to drive

Nice car mate, im new to the civic too came from a very modified gc8 impreza and i kinda miss that torque kick but the gearbox etc in the ep3 is soo much better.

Sorry, perhaps that came across badly. I mean that there can be issue with installation, not that they are bad once fitted.

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?101988-Brake-lines for example, but there are other discussions.

Ah, no worries fella. This is all good to know. My mate is a resourceful chap anyway who's fitting it, he's built his own 500bhp Corsa VXR and my Mates Twin Scroll 414bhp Astra so he's had to cross many bridges on those builds. He will be able to sort it but I'll have a read of that thread and pre-warn him

Nice car mate, im new to the civic too came from a very modified gc8 impreza and i kinda miss that torque kick but the gearbox etc in the ep3 is soo much better.

Cheers mate, it's very different but it's very good and the gearbox is superb. I think many of my hater mates will understand when they come for a ride or drive it

Had a couple of deliveries and been to pick an induction kit up at came up on EBay not far away...

ebf4cabba473ce521a61adde856dff6f.jpg

New bolts for engine bay and intake cover which I've also given an nice clean up as was minging!

211eb53da91a6c40cb4eb59a569b0efa.jpg

New Genuine Honda, clutch kit with Plate, Cover and new Release bearing

0cda30852620997eebd848acbdfe2fbf.jpg

HEL braided clutch line also

8698b9723c27748f847c87d51ffe63b2.jpg

And KN Typhoon kit.

Pipe in very good condition but prior to fitting the cone needs a good clean and re-oil and a mate of mine is taking the pipe and making up a couple of others from it as he does TIG welding and makes parts. He is also making a catch can for this as well.

Hopefully get all this stuff fitted over coming weeks and a tidy of the bay

Welcome mate. Looking forward to seeing the progress you make with your EP3, I'm sure you'll grow to love it with a few more mods. It'd be good to hear your opinion on any difference the braided clutch line makes to the feel.

Welcome mate. Looking forward to seeing the progress you make with your EP3, I'm sure you'll grow to love it with a few more mods. It'd be good to hear your opinion on any difference the braided clutch line makes to the feel.

Already loving it. It has much more overall charm than the VXR.

It's great fun tbh and can only see that getting better with the addition of a few mods or reduction of weight!

Got a couple of spare hours today having a tidy up.

Had a go at the engine bay with what I had in my detailing cupboard... small improvement made but grime is so heavily engrained I'm gonna need something stronger!

12f57afdf1a92e68cfde9c6f83684cc2.jpg

Also found some Vauxhall bolts kicking around the garage that fit the intake mani cover so refitted that as the previous owner had removed it!

0d6a815c0d0b925ab709a102a7940406.jpg

I bought this car with the intention I wouldn't be bothered about it's aesthetics but a week into ownership things are doing my head in so this is probably going to turn into a small restoration lol

Also got some new mats in to freshen it up

52f26b7e4ec67abbc97cbb71af4a1428.jpg

Also pulled the handle inserts out for a bit of paint as they like them all were scuffed and scratched

a9e0519840126bf3aa8475b6d31443b4.jpg

cb4556348399d83afd65d280d3cc49c6.jpg

e0636b3a17905100b1330896f75b94ce.jpg

Not a match in colour but will tidy things up nonetheless

Hopefully have some new bits on order soon

Refitted my interior handles. Colour is different as was the only can of paint I had in the garage but it's an improvement and not a bad contrast in all fairness

3c64cb20d4680c1627637f61e4c92a86.jpg

Also managed to secure a spare satin silver drivers side wing from eBay to replace the lacquer peeling current one which is also home to a crease as well so needed replacing. At 23 quid posted I thought this was a steal!

4bb4fb5188d7d26267a86cdfeea5951c.png

Also collecting a new bootlid as the currency has some chips and rust spots on Thursday and also a new door handle to replace the one that has cracked paint and has rusted!

Car should look a lot tidier in the next few weeks!

Got the new wing. Couple of chips but nothing a touch up stick won't sort, either way it's better than the current scabby one and the paint match is not bad at all!

bf236ad4e0aba49aac33bcc7339f1850.jpg

41af6109480f818891730e26a098e4e8.jpg

Car passed it's MOT the other day.

Couple of advisories....

Corroded spring and track rod end has play in it.

I have plans to now, replace lots of bits suspension and steering wise when the car has its clutch done.

New track rod ends, new spring although bearing in mind the mileage most likely a reasonable set of Coilovers.

Also new droplinks all round as they look tired and maybe a JDM RARB.

Also today ordered a Cobra 4 inch back box as the car is lacking a little in the sound department. The Astra's Remus is just epic so had to upgrade on the EP3

I'm not figure chasing in this car so a little back box will suffice for how I want it.

Hopefully some more updates soon.

Got a date for my Clutch to be done so ordered some other bits at the same time!

New Track Rod Ends and tie rods, new drop links all round, new oil filter as needs a refresh, new Eibach pro springs.

Also had delivery of a spanking refurbed K20A Rocker cover to refresh the engine bay so got new gaskets and nuts to accompany that.

Hopefully all will make a nice difference and then it's onto paint work

Got a date for my Clutch to be done so ordered some other bits at the same time!

New Track Rod Ends and tie rods, new drop links all round, new oil filter as needs a refresh, new Eibach pro springs.

Also had delivery of a spanking refurbed K20A Rocker cover to refresh the engine bay so got new gaskets and nuts to accompany that.

Hopefully all will make a nice difference and then it's onto paint work

Nice mate. Good to hear its coming along. I need to get my springs, track rod ends and drop links ordered. Where did you pick yours up from?

Had a few hours with the car today...

Got stuck in on replacing the Rocker cover and then fitting my KN Typhoon.

430c2f415ca0005f5aea153f50e16fed.jpg

49ff6d676bca89756d430719fc37bce4.jpg

As you can see the bays not had much attention in its life and this is after I gave it a clean up when I got it....filth.

b3b058b24671fd9adf067d878e656b6a.jpg

55277a2d39062a477e63bf9d7efcc02d.jpg

60aa4035fd520ef0fb458b7bbc40695f.jpg

9bb4160879adb995dfe938e298bede52.jpg

b3c441357faf9833b77761427cf62b5a.jpg

6bc8114e3679acf207f85afbd7bb3b20.jpg

2e978dbf431a423bad78aa13d62602bf.jpg

a57a0b827107c1aaab6e56afdff9002f.jpg

Loving the KN!!!!

Like many people I have thought about trying my hand at doing YouTube vids. I thought I'd post this up here as it's my first go and about this EP3 of mine.

I intend on trying to do 2-3 videos a month for my Channel so if any mine fancies subscribing please do

I am only doing this on the side as a bit of a laugh and a hobby so please don't be too savage in the comments section

Anyway, link below if anyone fancies checking it out

https://youtu.be/sKYVmIq2aHo

Coming along, where did you source the rocker cover?

Spooner Restorations mate. First class service and finish was superb on it.

I'll be having him do one for my Astra VXR in due course hopefully.

After looking at the cost of spare rockers on eBay it was a no brainer.

Was 170 quid, he sends one out sprayed up and I returned mine once removed and he gave me 70 quid back. So all in all just over 100 quid.

Back