• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

R77DVR/Ry's Silver EP3 Type R

Well been pretty quiet of late. I'm half way through moving house so the garage is full of boxes and other crap not leaving much room for fun and tinkering.

Car has been superb over last few months bar a couple of issues here and there

Had some water ingress into the box and a rotten smell so got some rear light seals on order. However easier said than done as Tegiwa didn't have them in stock and still didn't after a month so order cancelled and made an order with H-Tune...still a 2-3 week wait with them too though!

Got them in the end and all sorted now

4529a64d14fadbe884f223e98d97ae5d.jpg

Crash bar a little scabby though so that will be getting some attention in due course!

Unfortunately the ingress ruined many of the boot fabrics and carpet so new mats in the boot and a deep clean inside the spare wheel well was needed.

I have also become tired at the rather tatty exterior of the car. So I'm wrapping it....myself...madness I know and I've already had enough of it after just doing the bonnet

cf1a12d8cf3d75d5bd37eeeda84246e4.jpg

77806760eff6277ce2f366f99cad5aac.jpg

233b0ffd72e5246a73a598247240c24f.jpg

Going a gloss white with a gloss back roof. Will be adding a mugen rep spoiler at some point also.

The final look will also be complete with a set of Enkei Evo 8 wheels in due to collect this week...still debating colour choice of those....black, Anthracite or a nice bright silver? I'm leaning silver but might change my mind nearer the time of the refurb!

Cheers Guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yes did you used to have a red Astra before the blue one is it a stage 3.5

Yeah. Had the red one and then bought the blue one from Mike aka VXRTricky one there. Had them both sat on the driveway for a while much to the wife's distaste

Blue one is Stage 3.5. Good fun

You got one then or had one?

Good progress mate and the wrap is not too shabby, you've done a great job on the bonnet. How long did it take?

Good progress mate and the wrap is not too shabby, you've done a great job on the bonnet. How long did it take?

It took ages and after trying hopelessly to wrap the Civic door handles I've given up

It will be coming off as I'm not 100% happy with it. I'll be trying to tidy up some of the paint work instead I think

It took ages and after trying hopelessly to wrap the Civic door handles I've given up

It will be coming off as I'm not 100% happy with it. I'll be trying to tidy up some of the paint work instead I think

How bad is the paintwork? Like full respray required bad or you just need to machine polish kind of bad?

How bad is the paintwork? Like full respray required bad or you just need to machine polish kind of bad?

Each panel has some sort of defect. The driver front wing is the worst.

Tbf, much of it could be touched up, flat back and machine polished.

Wing and bumper though do need a respray.

It's never going to be a show car tbh. It was bought with the intention of just being a bit of fun to mess about with. I've got the VXR that I take to meets and shows etc but I'm thinking of getting rid of that at some point and maybe getting a nice DC5 that would then be the garage queen. Just seeing what's about at the moment

Nice built thread lad. And loved the vlog . Keep up the good work

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nice built thread lad. And loved the vlog . Keep up the good work

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Cheers mate...

Car is actually in the garage at home at present undergoing some very different aesthetic changes

13ef3b7f68a17bc95b835085461b7a2e.jpg

Will be a video re that in due course so give us a sub

Back