• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

rattle/knoking over rough road tarmac or pot holes

I have a vey annoying rattle/knocking over rough road tarmac or pot holes any body have any ideas driving me mad

when I go over a speed bump there is no noise , sounds like bushes but where

Thanks all

Just had the same issue mate it was the anti roll bar drop links, mine was the front passenger side but you have the links on all corners. I picked them up for £15, not genuine Honda but it's cured the knock.

I've also got this problem at the moment. I've replaced all the drop links and still have the knocking and I've also fitted brand new hsd coilovers so my next step is replace the balljoints then I want to get the full polybush kit fitted which should hopefully cure the knocking and also make everything feel a bit tighter.

Car has now been in to garage twice can't find any thing wrong :( I also had a look every thing look's ok bushes etc here is a video of my noise hear it towards the end knocking

help !! driving me Mad top Mounts maybe ? [video=youtube_share;9rRJTDcWodE]http://youtu.be/9rRJTDcWodE[/video]

Hi mate I still have this problem aswell and have had te car up on my mates ramps at his workshop and checked it all over and everything looks fine which is what puzzles me as I still get knocks and rattles over bumps and rough ground. So far I've fitted brand new hsd coilivers so that's the top mounts ruled out. I've fitted new anti rollbar drop links all round so again that's that covered and I've just had brand new lower ball joints fitted aswell and it still makes this noise. The only thing I can think it could be now is worn bushes as that's the only thin I haven't changed. I'm going to get the full poly bush kit fitted at some point and see if that cures the problem.

I'm afraid not mate. I've still got the knocking and rattling and the only thing left that I think it could be will be worn bushes so I need to get some cash together and buy the full polybush kit and get that fitted. If that doesn't sort it then I really haven't a clue what it could be as I've literally changed everything else.

I've also got this problem at the moment. I've replaced all the drop links and still have the knocking and I've also fitted brand new hsd coilovers so my next step is replace the balljoints then I want to get the full polybush kit fitted which should hopefully cure the knocking and also make everything feel a bit tighter.

Dont bet on it , iv done that (with out coilovers) + have a fast road engine mount, upper brace and I still get odd suspension knocks n creaks . Don't get me wrong it's lovely and stiff ...at the front. Most performance parts are noisy in general. If you want quiet go oem

I'm afraid not mate. I've still got the knocking and rattling and the only thing left that I think it could be will be worn bushes so I need to get some cash together and buy the full polybush kit and get that fitted. If that doesn't sort it then I really haven't a clue what it could be as I've literally changed everything else.

I think it could be ether a drive sharft, wheel bearing, or track rod ends

I've got the polybush engine and gearbox mounts fitted already. I know it's not gonna be the quietest or softest ride but even with a really firm ride you shouldn't be getting the kind of knocks and rattles I get over rough ground as it definitely sounds like something is worn/loose. I've had really firm cars in the past like my old r32 skyline on tein coilovers and that didn't knock or rattle in the slightest and my last ep3 on bc racing coilovers didn't make any sounds either. I'm gradually trying to go through all the things it could be.

I kinda do the same , I now think its ether , that sharft shild,top mount, steering rack(steering) or cheap links

I removed the heat shield on my last ep3 due to rattling and it's definitely not that on my current ep3. The only thing I haven't replaced is the bushes now or it could be the steering rack but I've had a look at it and it doesn't seem to have any play in it.

My rack don't seem to have play in it ether ( if you grab hold of it and try n move it) if I Eva find what the hell it is ill post it.
and to be honest you could be chasing this noise for ages , my brother has spent over a year replacing parts to stop noises n creaks and he said he still gets them now n then , enought to drive anyone mad lol

I'm starting to get like that now to. I don't Expect the car to be silent as it's quite a firm ride so expect it to be bumpy but the rattles and knocks I have are definitely something worn or loose. Just a matter of finding it I suppose. It just does my head in everytime I go over a bump and makes me not want to push the car to hard.

I was getting a knocking / rattling noise over rough roads too. It seemed to do it intermittently rather than constant over every rough area of tarmac. After a LOT of having it on ramps in work, checking everything that could possibly have play and changing a few parts, I was no better off with the noise. I noticed that it made a clunk each time a pressed my brake pedal, even at low speeds and not enough to jerk the car.... and only when traveling forwards.
Turns out (by experimenting with my driving and persistence) it was my brake pads! They were essentially loose vertically in the caliper and as a result they were able to move upwards when I applied any sort of brake pressure, resulting in a rather noisy clunk. There natural position was on the bottom carrier support which is why there was no noise when braking in reverse. Also the movement it allowed during normal driving meant they jigged about over rough roads but didn't really get the chance to over a single speed hump etc.
Simply ran a bit of weld across the top of each pad where they sat in the carrier and used a grinder to ensure a snug but free fit. Problem solved!

No!! You should of changed the pads and pad fitting kit .
I have experienced this "brake pad noise " and I'm sorry to say , this is not the same problem.
if I'm right the noise is more of a clunk and happens not when breaking but driving slow over ruff road or turning slowly good thought *** - I hope no one else puts weld on the pads lmfao

change brakes last weekend so that rules them out , their is no way the brakes could possibly make these noises way to loud !

I get this. My car has 120k + on it so I believe the bushes around the front suspension and possibly the top mounts have worn.

Back